• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buying a Bronco, Am I paying too much?

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I agree that there are exceptions on mileage. There are Broncos out there that were seldom used on hunting properties, farms, etc. I actually own a documented low mileage Bronco and from what I understand, it spent a lot of it's time at a cabin and rarely driven, yet well maintained. It seems that more and more low mileage survivors are surafcing.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Only paying to much if you think you are.
Ultimately they are worth what you are willing to pay for them.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Allot of low mileage Broncos especially the earlier ones. You had to be a cave man to drive one. As a commuter car they just plain suck. Once you get power steering and brakes that stop and an automatic transmission you get a Bronco worth driving as a daily driver. Electric wipers really help too. They were farm trucks. Ford recognized this problem and started making corrections in the 70's to increase sales and it did. I'll bet there are far fewer low mileage 1976, 1977 survivors.

OP
OP
D

DarrinGT

Thanks again for the input guys,

Quick Update,

I went to check it out yesterday afternoon, the Bronco is exactly what it is, An All Original Low Mile Beautiful Bronco.

As nice as it is, it has flaws and is not perfect. First thing is that it has been completely Z-barted when was new, so the whole undercarriage, inside the body doors are all coated. I would rather not see that, not sure what actually does to the value.

It is completely rust free, the body is straight and untouched but there are some minor dings, and some pitting on the chrome mirrors antenna base, and door handles. Bumpers have some scratches.

It has not been cleaned up and just has some very minor residual dust from sitting under a cover. The discoloration that you see on the top is just worn in dust.

Starts and drives perfectly sounds like a 9K mile 302, interior is perfect, no scratches in the paint on the back under the seat, the original spare tire is mounted inside on the back tailgate holder, and still has the original FORD, chalk type stamp on the tire itself. There is an "hour" gauge under the dash that the grandson thought was installed from the dealer or factory, Never heard of that before.

I didn't think to take pics as I was planning on loading it up on the trailer and taking it back with me, the problem I brought a Cashiers Check, (wich was OK's by the seller before hand) not Cash. so the bank could not clear it for 2 business days and the Daughter selling it did not trust that it was good, and would not let me take the Bronco. Her "Chase" banker is an IDIOT!! It was an incredible frustration transaction.

So I am going back today with the Cash, meeting her at the bank so they can count it, and verity that I am not bringing Counterfeit Money.

I have never had to deal with this type of thing before,.. and I have bought and sold a LOT of vehicles,..

So I came home from a 2 hour one way trip with an empty trailer, well see how today goes,...

JT3357

Congratulations on an awesome find. Good luck with today's transaction. I hope it goes well for you.

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrats on the bronco, hope the transaction goes without a hitch. It never hurts to walk away unless of course you lose the bronco, but at least it forced you to think more on the transaction and adds to the excitement of finally getting to bring it home. BTW your previous bronco was beautiful!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Congrats and hope it all goes well! Anxious to see more pics :) The 66' u14 I just purchased was was coated very early on as well. The hood must weigh 300lbs lol.

67RT

Bronco Guru
A brake job after just 10,000 mi?

All seals will dry out and need replacement. Any rubber on truck is suspect, as is fuel system, carb gaskets. If you want a survivor with no rust, this looks like the one. But if it has not been worked on to fix the above things, it is not worth the high dollars. Maybe low twenties??

OP
OP
D

DarrinGT

Just got home with it, Here are some pics, then I am turning in for the night, More to come tomorrow,..

OP
OP
D

DarrinGT

This was cool, This is a Stamp from the Ford Plant that is still on the original spare tire,,..

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Z-bart was a franchise undercoating company in the late 60's early 70's. If you wanted to protect your investment, you had it undercoated.

Thanks fb they did a lot of under coating around here bak'n but me had never heard Of Z-bart.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That is one sweet '69! I think you made a wise investment because at the rate their goin up in price and demand there is no tellin what it will bring this time next year .