• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BW4406 transfer case

reddawn222

Loc.
Johnstown
I've done a search and did not find the info I'm looking for. What is the low range gearing for a manual shift BW4406, and is the front drive shaft a driver's side drop?
Is the BW4406 compact enough to fit between the frame rails of an EB?

Thanks.

Ranchtruck

2.64:1 low range. Aluminum case, available in manual shift, bolts to the back of aod/4r70w/c6/zf5. All of them are slip yoke though, and that causes rear drive shaft length problems.

May or may not fit between the bronco frame rails, I couldn't get a straight answer on that.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Won't fit between the EB frame rails. No later-model Ford t-case will fit that I've ever found. Whatever BW t-case is behind the Exploder 4R790W automatic is about the most comp[act I've seen and is still about 2" too wide, all in to the dr. side frame rail.