• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 Lokar Kickdown Install

simmsjeremy

Loc.
Cherry Point
I am installing a Lokar kickdown cable on my C4. The question is the additional mounting hardware that doesn't come with kit. The piece needed to attach to the carb. Most reviews and videos that I have seen have individuals doing the install on either a 4 barrel or EFI. I am still running the stock motorcraft 2100 2 barrel. Is the hardware going to be the same for my application? This is what I am tracking that is required for complete installation.
*Lokar SRK-4000 Stainless Steel Carburetor Bracket and Spring
-Received this info from Nashville youtube video
*Stainless Steel Carburetor Bracket and Return Springs #2340
-Received this info from James Duffs site
Of note I also found these on amazon. I like these because they are black and go with my desired look. the pictures are identical with the exception of the color of course. If the SRK 4000 is in fact what I need will one of these work as well?
Lokar XSRK-4000 Black Finish Stainless Steel Carburetor Bracket and Spring and Lokar XSRK-4001 Black Stainless Steel Finish Carburetor Bracket

KBUCK1

I have the throttle cable and kickdown..that wS the only thing i needed. Maybe the throttle linkage has the needed parts to make the connection for the kickdown

OP
OP
simmsjeremy

simmsjeremy

Loc.
Cherry Point
Can you post any pictures of your setup? I'm still waiting to here back from Lokars tech department. Id like to see how yours is setup to see if I can mirror it. Thanks.

KBUCK1

Having trouble getting pics to upload, If you need another angle just let me know

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180516-212935.jpg
    Screenshot_20180516-212935.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20180516-212931.jpg
    Screenshot_20180516-212931.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20180516-212925.jpg
    Screenshot_20180516-212925.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
OP
OP
simmsjeremy

simmsjeremy

Loc.
Cherry Point
Thanks for the photos. Engine bay looks really nice. My problem that I am having is that the motorcraft 2100 throttle and kickdown linkage are completely different than the other after market carbs such as yours. I don't think the SRK-4000 is compatible with the motorcraft and I haven't been able to find anything that would allow for such an application and of note I'm not much of a fabricator either. I think if there is no luck with the necessary application that I will just run without a kickdown. I read that its not necessary to have as long as you remember to shift down when passing or climbing grades. Unless there someone knows of a way to use the stock kick down lever with a 2" body lift. That's what prompted me to get the cable because my lever doesn't reach now.

CopperBronco

Having trouble getting pics to upload, If you need another angle just let me know
Do you have photos of KickDown at the transmission? I have a C4, also does KickDown cable work with old style throttle linkage? Looks like you have a throttle cable… I bought the part noticing my KickDown was missing, but not sure how it all attaches… can’t find any solid videos or photos either or 2 barrel to C4 auto with Lokar KickDown cable… I bought cable and brackets from TBP. Also have stock KickDown lever if I need it that goes near transmission.

Lawndart

Loc.
Do you have photos of KickDown at the transmission? I have a C4, also does KickDown cable work with old style throttle linkage? Looks like you have a throttle cable… I bought the part noticing my KickDown was missing, but not sure how it all attaches… can’t find any solid videos or photos either or 2 barrel to C4 auto with Lokar KickDown cable… I bought cable and brackets from TBP. Also have stock KickDown lever if I need it that goes near transmission.
Although an old thread, I run the Lokar kickdown with the OEM throttle linkage with a Holley 4bbl. Wish I had done it sooner - you can dial exactly when you want the kickdown to happen according to your taste. Here is the shot at the top (with bracket & springs). I can get the down side in a day or so.
46497435345_8f6d36075f_b.jpg

CopperBronco

Although an old thread, I run the Lokar kickdown with the OEM throttle linkage with a Holley 4bbl. Wish I had done it sooner - you can dial exactly when you want the kickdown to happen according to your taste. Here is the shot at the top (with bracket & springs). I can get the down side in a day or so.
46497435345_8f6d36075f_b.jpg
Would love an underside photo as well!

CopperBronco

Can anyone tell me what this bracket is on my shift linkage? There’s the C4 bracket to steering column, but this empty u shaped bracket point down with a bolt hole, is that for the stock KickDown bracket?

Attachments

• 5424434F-5830-4170-A097-BAD72D858415.jpeg
    5424434F-5830-4170-A097-BAD72D858415.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 20

CopperBronco

Also how much slack should there be in steel cable, mine seems quite long, assuming you cut to size?