• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Calling all U13 owners!

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
519 the 698 67' u13 came with "glassed and framed doors" is what they called them. Not sure on the 68' JG or Eaglesnest66 probably knows.

View attachment 524610

Unfortunately we don't have that information for the '68s yet. Seems that it is somewhat random what details are listed on the reports and I've yet to see one show a number on how many there were with glassed and framed doors. Most of the reports I've seen have actually been for ones with inserts.

The interesting thing about the '67s are that a large majority were Export and it seems most if not all those were hard doors. 333 Had a metric speedometer and 328 had a low compression 170. Also, a significant number were Air Force Broncos, also with hard doors. So finding one that originally had inserts is quite a task!

My '67 just for the record. Pretty low numbers on the stats section....

I did have your VIN but thank you for sharing the Marti, Dennis. Very cool!

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Great work Jimmy...and all. I have several I need to get to you guys to register. I'll get going on it.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Great work Jimmy...and all. I have several I need to get to you guys to register. I'll get going on it.

Your current '67 and both '68s are recorded. But If you know of others or can recall some of your previous owned VINs, please feel free to share!

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
519 the 698 67' u13 came with "glassed and framed doors" is what they called them. Not sure on the 68' JG or Eaglesnest66 probably knows.

View attachment 524610

So what that means are roadsters with hard doors and glass inside. Just like our regular hard door broncos. But I've seen and was contacted by a gentleman from Spain with a roadster in his collection that has hard doors, no glass, no frames. https://roadsteru13.com/members/franciscovidal/. Please excuse that photos are not loading. Contacted the webmaster to fix.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is neat stuff guys! It amazes me that 20 years ago hardly anyone heard of a roadster bronco, let alone what U13 meant! So far, I have 25 documented vins with owner names and state location for the 1968 roadsters. I have at least another six on a list to follow up on to verify as well.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Quick update, now up to 40 '67s! I would have thought this was impossible 10 years ago but here we are.

Even more amazing is that Tim has over 10% of the '68s recorded! Another interesting note to that, I do believe 2 '68s were export engine equipped.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
So there were only 169 roadsters in 1967 with inserts?

Wow. Thanks for sharing that! Might have to keep that one now...

179 but yes, you’re more likely to find an Air Force truck or Export than a ‘67 with inserts.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
If you're a 66 u13 owner with a vin of U13FL747766 or prior, your in the first 100 found as of yet. I still have bunches of u13 owners here on classicbroncos that I don't have your info. Just your username and that you own one or more. Please send if you get the chance thanks. I'll update my other thread today with exact numbers and stats.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
1964Corvette, 4x4Steve, Calvary, Collie, FIBronco123, Mainmast66, MDSD, Murph66, MHASS62, murph66, Major Tom, MHELD, Myoriginal66, Nboost, Norm02, Passauf, Rickgee,
SHELLBC, SNOWYMTNWOLF, SOUTHBAYBRONCO, Texasboy, Boss9..... I could use your vins and original colors if you don't mind PM with info I'd appreciate it thanks.

mrdrnac

Contributor
I may have another 67 U13 for your list, or maybe it is on it already? The VIN number is U13NLA30368.

I still have the original title for it but the rest of the Bronco is MIA. My son was driving it in Lubbock TX and it got hit hard in the left rear end. My son parked it at a "Friends" house for storage in about 1996. He later lost track of the friend and the Bronco and just recently re-connected the old friend who said he got rid of the Bronco. So we don't know what has happened to it or if it still exists. Would love to know what has happened to it, especially since I still have the title to it.

Here is some more info on it.

My Dad bought it new in 1967 in Chandler, AZ. it came with California emissions on it w/air pump, etc.
It was a Rangoon Red, 289 U13
It came with doors and bucket seats and rear seat from the factory.
A convertible top and rear fender cutouts were put on by the dealer.

OP
OP
JGbronc

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I may have another 67 U13 for your list, or maybe it is on it already? The VIN number is U13NLA30368.

I still have the original title for it but the rest of the Bronco is MIA. My son was driving it in Lubbock TX and it got hit hard in the left rear end. My son parked it at a "Friends" house for storage in about 1996. He later lost track of the friend and the Bronco and just recently re-connected the old friend who said he got rid of the Bronco. So we don't know what has happened to it or if it still exists. Would love to know what has happened to it, especially since I still have the title to it.

My Dad bought it new in 1967 in Chandler, AZ. it came with California emissions on it w/air pump, etc.

I don’t have that one! But I do want to make sure it exists before counting it, so hopefully it surfaces.

Just to give an update, we are still actively searching so if anyone out there hasn’t shared a VIN please do so!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

love a good back story...