• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cam/Fuel Injection question

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
I am wanting to convert my 302 to efi. I have been told I may have to much cam and vaccum to do this, so I thought I would ask the experts on this board. Some of you Oregon guys may know the engine builder. The motor was built by Garret Machine in Albany, Oregon. The description of the motor given is Premium 302 with early 351w heads and built for performance 4x4 street rod.

The cam is a Lunati cam kit 284-218 and then the ticket says .488.

I am also not sure what type of fuel injection to go with. I want something that my wife can get in, start and drive off reliably.

Thanks for the help.

matt

AZMike

Loc.
Flagstaff
I would think that a mass air system from an 89 - 93 Mustang would work fine. It's pretty flexible and is good to about 500 ponies stock. It uses a BAP instead of an MAP sensor, so you should not need to worry about vacuum. You might want to check out fordfuelinjection.com and corral.net for more info.

minimatt

That tiny little cam will work fine and will make plenty of vacuum. Like AZMike says, put the stock mass-air Mustang stuff on it and leave it alone. Wife should be happy:-*

OP
OP
M

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
Excellent, I am not a mechanic and was hoping that whis was the case. I will begin searching for the parts.

matt