• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech Wiring Harness

brattwurzt

Loc.
Baltimore
OK, so I've read a lot on here about Centech vs Painless Wiring Harness, and I know opinions run wild, but I have a couple questions about the Centech harness from those who have worked with it. Their website offers little detail.

1. Does Centech use original wire colors like Painless does?
2. Of the 11 fuses Centech uses are any for extra accessory circuits, or are the 11 all used?

I appreciate your time.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nobody but Painless currently offers Ford wiring colors for the Bronco, except perhaps by someone willing to do a custom build. It's one of the reasons it's more expensive, because the now generic GM color codes for wiring are made in larger quantities and at lower prices.
Also because the smaller diameter TXL grade wires are slightly more expensive than the GXL wires used by the others.
Both are extremely high quality wire types. Just that one has more outer case/jacket thickness than the other.

As for extra circuits, the Centech does not offer as many, but it does offer increased capacity on some and easy access to the back of the main fuse panel to add additional accessory fuse panels to.
But no, extra separate circuits are not really part of the Centech setup, except where they leave some extra wires on the same fuse. An example of which is the 2 extra Green wires on the passenger side of the engine compartment that are switched with the key. There are also often extra ignition wires because they provide for whatever type of ignition you're going to be using, and as often as not a particular installation has left over wires there too.
You can use any of those for anything you want.

Just for the comparison, Painless actually has a separate branch of just "add-on" accessory wires already connected to the fuse box. The fuse positions for these wires are by themselves and left for you to figure out what you want to run there.
So by that standard, Painless does offer a wider array of options that would still fit under the same lid on one fuse box.
With Centech, it's easy to add more than they have, but it's up to you and they would be a separate panel/box as mentioned.

Paul