• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Center console speaker box

asinor

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tulsa, OK
You can get away with smaller than spec enclosures and fool it with stuff like polyfil. It's not perfect, but you are talking about what I assume is not a quiet, sound insulated environment. You will never be able to tell in a Bronco, at least I know you won't in mine, it works if you are limited on space and don't need audiophile quality.

Last edited:

Thunder26

You can get away with smaller than spec enclosures and fool it with stuff like polyfil. It's not perfect, but you are talking about what I assume is not a quiet, sound insolated environment. You will never be able in a Bronco, at least I know you won't in mine, it works if you are limited on space and don't need audiophile quality.

^ Exactly, since space is of the essence you could go to .5 cf. Also I suggest .5 because you said like boomy above such as strong kick drums. The box they spec out has a total q of .7 or so where as you would probably enjoy a total q of .9 better, as the kick drums will be punchier.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
putting this on the back burner till I get the expidition seats installed up front. Then I'll redesign with the right measurements for width, height and length. I'm certain I will still build the cupholder and 5.25 portion, though the sub may be dropped and use that speace for storage. I've got a 12" in a 1.5 cubic foot sealed box I will probably run in front of the rear seats.