• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

City of Atlanta Bronco Owners

OP
OP
phred

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Yeah i'm planning to hit the road about 7-8am thursday and be in townsend by early afternoon.

Farrell Martin

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Ben is awful convincing.....so I am making the trip.

I would like to go up Thursday afternoon, but I am tent camping and don't really want to set up in the dark, so probably won't leave until Friday morning.

- Farrell

Snowbilly

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys! I've been following the thread for some time now, and since I'm possibly making the trip up to Townsend I figured I'd introduce my self to the group. Met a few of the ATL guys already through buying and selling parts - seem like a good bunch.

On another note... Any recommendations for an inexpensive auto painter? It's a trail rig - just want it all one color, and decent looking from 10'.

Farrell Martin

Loc.
Marietta, GA
Well, it looks like work will keep me in Atlanta until Friday morning. So, who all is leaving/passing through Atlanta Friday morning? Probably would be good to caravan up if the logistics/timing works out. If no one, I will head out solo.

- F

Perry Brady

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
Hey guys, I'm going to be at Durhamtown on June 13-15. Bringing the Broncos and quads for a Fathers day weekend. We can have a get together on Saturday. Wheel in the morning and have a few cold ones in the afternoon. Let me know, you know where I'll be. My cell # 6788980429

311unity13b

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
Hmmmmm this is temping. Although the last time I went I didn't have as good a time as I thought I would. Way too damn crowded. I hear MotoMountain is much better. But I ride a dirtbike.

Perry Brady

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
I like to go to Highland Park mainly because it is only a little over an hour to get there. I have a 450 quad. I'm going to ride Friday and wheel the Bronco on Saturday. Bring em on!

Lakeman77

Been thinking about taking the Bronco and the bikes to Durhamtown Tellico. You guys been up there yet?

badz06

Loc.
PTC
I would be interested in going to tellico when you guys go. Been wanting to check it out.

Perry Brady

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
Huh?

Thought it was obliterated thanks to our friends at the USFS

The original place is gone, but the surrounding property owners have gotten together and hired Mike from Durhamtown Plantation to do what he does. Go to www.durhamtown.com . They are still making new trails. Some cabins are in place. Probably this fall it would be a good time to go.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Hmmm.
That's news to me !

Trails gonna be kinda like the old tellico?
That was the best place to go wheeling because it was real
You weren't wheeling on a man made trail a half mile from an interstate highway. You were way back in the woods

We never went on any of the "most difficult" trails since we drive our EB up there instead of hauling it on a trailer
But the medium trails were great

Not a fan of the regular durhamtown though
Just a bunch of people on quads making a lot of noise

So when are some Broncos going?

Perry Brady

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
I know the new Tellico will have a little for everyone, but I'm like you, I only trailered my Bronco a couple times. I would usually pull my pop-up. They are always updating the trail progress. Maybe we can set up an outing once it looks like they are ready. I know they have a $5000.00 bounty on one trail. It must be straight up.
I've been to the original Durhamtown a lot, but not the truck/heep area. They don't let quads and trucks on the same trails. I'm bringing em all next weekend, so we'll see how it goes. Tim Baker from SC and Marty Copeland from Alabama are meeting me out there.

Lakeman77

I'm headed to St Simon's next weekend, otherwise I would join you guys in Union Point. I bet we could get a group to Telico later this year.

Perry Brady

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
We went to Durhamtown for Fathers day weekend. I pulled the pop-up with the '74 and the quads with the '94. There are no bathrooms near the campground. Apparently D'town thinks if you have a camper you have your own bathroom. The trails are OK. More mud than I would like, but I kinda knew what to expect. I did use my winch more on that Saturday than I ever have. Marty Copeland and Tim Baker meet me out there. I havent wheeled with those guys in 7 years. It nice to get together with old friends. I do have some things to fix on the Bronco. We had a great time! I'm looking forward to Tellico this fall.