• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

City of Atlanta Bronco Owners

Perry Brady

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
My son took some pics, but has yet to send them to me. We are going to Tellico Sept. 12-14. Anyone else wanna go? The camping is a little spread out and no water or elec. hookups. Only a couple cabins on the trail. Cabins and tent camping are only accessible by trail rig. I'm ready to go check it out. I was saddened to know Crawford campground is closed permanently. I liked that place. Hopefully, D'town will make a good camp area.

Perry Brady

Loc.
Kennesaw, GA
Crawfords spoiled me. After a long cold day of wheelin', you could take a long hot shower in your own bathroom. You dont get that in most campgrounds. Maybe someone will open it back up now that we can wheel up there again.

agboy91

Loc.
Bishop, GA
Athens Newby

Just saw this thread. I live in Athens and am in the middle of a 72 resto mod. Looking for some parts if you have any. Doors, tires, suggestions on seats, any others from Athens area. Thanks.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Just saw this thread. I live in Athens and am in the middle of a 72 resto mod. Looking for some parts if you have any. Doors, tires, suggestions on seats, any others from Athens area. Thanks.

I have seats in mine from a Miata
Cheap. Comfortable
Got em local on Miata.net for $60

lulu

Loc.
Marietta, GA
bronco meetings

do we have a set time for the next bronco meeting. i was on this forum a long time ago and then sold my bronco. im might be buying a new bronco and want to see all of the guys again.

hey mac. this is Beau from whitefoord ave!

trailmixuf

Hey guys. I have a maroon 71. I live in Midtown. Been here a couple months now. Anyone have any shops they recommend? I need some general repair work done (have some hesitation problems after warming up, I've expended my limited knowledge after checking some things, changing some ignition components, and have reached the point on the time/effort/money curve where it's probably better for me to just take it to someone who knows what they are actually doing). Would love to hear some recs for some reasonable mechanics. Would love to meet up sometime, too.

Trevor

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Roundhouse what yr Miatia? Thx.

I don't remember
An old one

All I remember about it was it had an automatic transmission

I didn't know they even made Miatas with a auto trans

Think it was a late 80s early 90s

I assume the site is still active
Or whatever's the miata site now

That was back before Craigslist but 90% of the people on CL are morons anyway

Or if you can find one at a pick and pull

I got em probably 10 years ago
Back then they were only avail in tan leather or black cloth
Most of em are set up so you can install speakers in he headrest

The miata tracks have a slight bend at the end. I just flattened that and they have a locating pin sticking down

I kept that and stacked washers under it because I wanted the seat tilted back a little

Had to drill some new holes in the floor
A couple lined up

For The right front mount on the pass seat I just cut a proper length of 1.5" conduit , used a large washer on each end and a threaded rod

g8rb8t

Bronco Guru
Anyone have any shops they recommend?

Trevor

Hey Trevor - might be a drive. But the guys at Marietta Alignment close to Marietta square do great work for me when I need assistance. The owner is into FJs and he actually works in the shop. Robert is the owner and works on my truck. Ed does a lot of the front office work but both are great.

Lakeman77

Trevor,

Before I started trying to fix everything myself (often unsuccessfully) I took my "77 to these guys. They did great work all around and see old 302s every day.
Vintage Mustang
2700 E Ponce De Leon Ave
Decatur, GA 30030-2713
404-378-2817