• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clear Tcase Cover Got tired of waiting.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I recieved my cover friday, thanks to you and the mrs. great quality and work, also love instructions. "put the bfh away" classic. lmao
thanks again.

N.FloridaBronc

Loc.
Tallahassee area
TOFIC, paypal & PM sent!! The pics of these look great! I will be patiently awaiting mine. No hurry necessary, I know you must be swamped...

Thanks for a really cool product, I'll be sure and post pics, I have a really cool color I'll be painting the engine/tranny/t-case combo. :cool:

Jeff

ps: I was asking for #100 or #351 but if those are taken then any old number will do just fine.

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
N.FloridaBronc said:
TOFIC, paypal & PM sent!! The pics of these look great! I will be patiently awaiting mine. No hurry necessary, I know you must be swamped...

Thanks for a really cool product, I'll be sure and post pics, I have a really cool color I'll be painting the engine/tranny/t-case combo. :cool:

Jeff

ps: I was asking for #100 or #351 but if those are taken then any old number will do just fine.

Jeff

You got number 100 and it left today. you should have shortly
Skiddy::
Thanks for the kind words.

TOFIC

Shelton823

Just wanted to bring this link back to life in case others who missed TOFIC's product wanted some info.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
yeah...mine is still being used as a paper weight until my bronco comes back from the body shop.... :'(

...very nice paperweight I might add...well worth the dough. :)

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
HotWheels said:
yeah...mine is still being used as a paper weight until my bronco comes back from the body shop.... :'(

...very nice paperweight I might add...well worth the dough. :)
Many thanks to all of you for the kind words.

I still have a few of the 'inexpensive' plates left. let me know if you want.
The 435 205 203 cover is done, cost is less because of size.
Work is starting on the 9 inch cover. This one interests me no end. Someone said it could not be done, I beg to differ with him.
Again, thanks for your support and encouragement
TOFIC and TOFWIC

Shelton823

TOFIC got mine today bronc getting new motivation so I will have to install when it gets back. Thanks alot for the hard work.

jr

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
Question to all who got in on the buy. Lets hear your long term testing on this product. How are your clear covers holding up? What kind of problems are you encountering. Any leaks? Warpage near exhaust? I should've jump on the buy back then but just put it off. Now im in a market for one.

Walker949, please check your email.

Joel

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Well guys I have been dragging my feet letting you know what is going one with the "Gear Gawkers" so here goes.
1. we did have a problem with one run of the gear gawkers. It got past me that they were a little tight with the tolarances and would not fit correctly no matter what the owner did. I replaced these no charge. If you got one let me know, there is hope.
2. ONE just one got lost in the mail. I replaced it and claimed againest the post office. Lost the guys email so if your reading this and was the one that the post office lost there first cover email me. the post office wants a recent email saying you did not get it before they will pay me.
3. One of the guys with the tight covers did a heat test on the old cover. You would not believe what it stood up to!! He has pictures of the cover at 600 degrees and still holding together. This is amazing. At that tempurature, your carpet is burning pretty energetically. It took heat to 400 degrees before it discolored! Wish I had the pictures he sent. Buddy if your out there how about sending them again??
4. The new GG has a wider sealing flange now. old one is 3/4 inch new one is 1 inch.
5. The new GG has the serial number in small characters in the sealing edge. This leaves the face practically virgin except for the reference line. Many thanks to 73Stallion for this suggestion, it was a good one and we incorporated his suggestion. Keep the suggestions coming, you may get a freebie out of this. I said MAY remember??
6. There is now a Gear Gawker available for the 203/205 transfer case and the 435 & ZF transmission. The prototypes went out a while ago and the first production model went to Jason at BCBroncos. They are on his ZF and Chuck tells me they look "real good" his quote not mine.

If those of you that have the old style cover want the new cover let me know and I will send you some pics of the new one. If you want one we can make a special price for you. I will also engrave your serial number into it for you.

and the best for last,
I take great PRIDE in saying that BC Broncos has agreed to handle Gear Gawkers for me in the US. I am very happy about this and getting Chuck to handle this product took some doing as he is a very astute bargaining type fellow.
He was my first choice for dealer and I am really happy about our business agreement.

I will sell to you but I will not undersell my dealer. 35 dollars for the D20 GG and 25 dollars for the smaller 203/205 cover. Let me or Chuck know and we will get you ASAP.

I am doing the first 10 for BC Broncos now and if you want one of the first they will leave to Chuck at the first of next week. They have the same garantee as if you bought it from me. If you want one fairly quickly talk to Chuck he will see you get one.

TOFIC ( and TOFWIC, she loves all of you that supported us.)

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
walker949 said:
Well guys I have been dragging my feet letting you know what is going one with the "Gear Gawkers" so here goes.
1. we did have a problem with one run of the gear gawkers. It got past me that they were a little tight with the tolarances and would not fit correctly no matter what the owner did. I replaced these no charge. If you got one let me know, there is hope.

TOFIC-Since all of ours are numbered-do you know which ones don't fit or do we need to try installing them to tell? (I'm #48) The reason I ask is that I probably won't be re-doing my t-case for a few months, but when I go to put my cover on, I'd hate to find out it's one of the ill-fitting ones.

Thanks!

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
mlogan24 said:
TOFIC-Since all of ours are numbered-do you know which ones don't fit or do we need to try installing them to tell? (I'm #48) The reason I ask is that I probably won't be re-doing my t-case for a few months, but when I go to put my cover on, I'd hate to find out it's one of the ill-fitting ones.

Thanks!
NO yours should not be one of them!!
To the rest of my customers:
remember you can 'shape' these a little. If your cover is a little snug on the inset or the holes are a little out simply take a good file to them and open them out a bit. It will not hurt the cover.
If yours are really out (half a hole diameter) let me know. If you are a member of the "tight fit" club we will replace it for you

TOFIC

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
<whew> sigh of relief ;D

Thanks for the quick reply-glad to no mine is not one of them. A note to everyone else-these covers are cooool ;D buy one now!

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I have one for the Dana 20 and the NP435. They both are great and yes, I did a little massaging, because of the casting on the case itself. It was easy and no problem.

Get em while you can.

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Thanks to all of you for your Support you have been great!!
You will be glad to know that the OBB will have a gear gawker on it. Courtesy of Mrs. TOFIC she said so all I say is "Yes Dear"!!

ManTruck you shouldn't tease the guys. Below is a set of pictures of the set that he got or its twin.

Again, thanks to all, and support our freedom fighters, send some help to OBB

Tofic

Attachments

• twins.JPG
    twins.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 42
  • twins2.JPG
    twins2.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 48

CPT_D_1969

Loc.
Yongsan, Korea
Are you serious? On the OBB? That is awesome! Tell Mrs. T.O.F.I.C. thank you so much for saying so. I know it will be so cool to see on there. ;D
Ya'll are the best!

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
ChrisinWV said:
Should I still be watching my mailbox Don?
This was the 435 cover that the holes were off on.....
I was #6(one of the prototypes)
Thanks
Chris
Chris

gotta grovel, I forgot!!!
Send me your address and I will send you a new one!
No excuses Man, just plain forgot all about it. Sorry man.
Got 6 of the little ones on the go (these fit believe me) so ASAP with the address will you??
TOFIC