• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coco's Mods: Recessed fuel cap & filler neck, P. 14

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That's a heck of a security system for sure man. Good looking shop sir

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Awesome shop!! Wish I had the space for one like that. Also the video was pretty cool and that cigar was really on point :cool:

BanditBronco

Try following Dusty on Instagram.... Everyday he makes my after work re-hydrating session (aka a cold Coors Light or 2) out in the shop look shameful.:cool:

If you want a good brew or a good smoke he is the dude.

snipi

Loc.
Mesa
Hey dusty I dont think we met when i worked there but I worked at posion spyder last summer, I drove the brown bronco with white top. They always said there was another bronco guy in the building.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Try following Dusty on Instagram.... Everyday he makes my after work re-hydrating session (aka a cold Coors Light or 2) out in the shop look shameful.:cool:

If you want a good brew or a good smoke he is the dude.

I should probably switch to Coors Light and Swisher Sweets. I'd save thousands of dollars I could spend on Bronco parts instead! Nah...I'll stick with the good stuff :)

Hey dusty I dont think we met when i worked there but I worked at posion spyder last summer, I drove the brown bronco with white top. They always said there was another bronco guy in the building.

Should have tracked me down! We're outnumbered by Jeep people here LOL...

snipi

Loc.
Mesa
Outnumbered is an understatement, im not in California anymore but the bronco is I should be bringing it out to Arizona here in a few weeks. I really dig the looks of your fenders, was the fitment easy

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Dusty, FWIW I had a "TuffShed" brought in and ran power to it, then put in sheet rock and a lo-burn parqueted (because I could) 12" squares floor. That's where all of the sanders, grinders, & blast cabinet live. I call it the "grinding room." Keeps all of that abrasive grit out of my work space and off of any vehicle glass or paint.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Damn I work slow! It takes me forever to get anything done, it seems like. Anyhow I'm happy to report that my garage wiring project is now DONE ;D When last we left off, I had completed wiring the interior of the shop but I hadn't buried the lines out to the shop, so I only had one leg (no 220V) on a jimmy-rigged drop cord from the garage. So I couldn't use the lift, air compressor or welder. So the next step was to bury some lines and get everything properly hooked in to the feed from the main panel at the house.

Luckily a Clamper buddy of mine has a back-hoe so he came over and did the trenches for me. Where I live in Mentone, CA is an old riverbed and its pretty much just rocks and boulders, with a little bit of sand in between. So its a major PITA to dig any hole just to plant a tree or a fence post, let alone a hundred feet of trench. So I couldn't have done it without him.

I decided to use the opportunity to lay in some water pipes while I was at it. For the electrical conduit I had planned to do 1" but I got shamed into upping that to 2", mostly by Tom Doran and the guys on the So Cal Broncos list. I'm glad they did because I later found out that any smaller and it would have been really tough to pull the cable through.

I couldn't just push those boulders back in on top of my pipes, it would have crushed them so I ordered up a load of fill dirt to cover the lines with.

Then I had Billy come back over and finish up the tractor work. Fill sand over the pipes, then push as many of those rocks back in the hole as would fit, then smooth out with more fill sand.

I had my doubts with all them damn rocks but he was able to get it pretty smooth.

During the several weeks between laying the pipe and finally getting the trenches filled back in, I had pulled cable and made all of the final connections. I had to do some upgrades to the sub-panel in my garage that I pulled power from for the shop, as well as at the main panel at the house. But I finally got it all done and finally the shop is fully functional. First thing I had to try out the lift ;D

So hopefully the Coco's Mods thread can get back to Coco soon, now that I'm done with the shop upgrade detour.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I have several nice rock piles laying around the property now from my electrical conduit trench. They work good for poser shots :) Maybe I'll push them all together into one big pile at some point.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
"nah man, I didn't make it. That left line over the Dustycon® kicked my butt! I NEED 40's!!"

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
"nah man, I didn't make it. That left line over the Dustycon® kicked my butt! I NEED 40's!!"

Dustycon...I like that! I need to get my buddy to move some more rocks around, then you can Bring the Bronc-up out for a run :)

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I dunno, the Bronc-up's only rockin' 315's. Ain't no way it'll make over something that needs 40's.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Looks like your neighbor has a shell of a bronco in the background?

Eric that's mine. That's the back section of my property where the shop building is, and its fenced separately. That's Hank's domain back there ;D

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
I have several nice rock piles laying around the property now from my electrical conduit trench. They work good for poser shots :) Maybe I'll push them all together into one big pile at some point.

What kind of dog is Hank... Bull or english mastiff? If English where you get him, what breeder?