• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coco's Mods: Recessed fuel cap & filler neck, P. 14

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And just how far away from the previous digs did you have to go for that lift? Somewhere nearby, or some other part of the region?

No more railroad tracks and fields across the street? Maybe even more open space without the expressway in front?
Hope it's a happy place, either way. It's certainly off to a good start!

Paul

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
freind of mine has similar building, he just attached OSB to the walls with bolts that had EDPM gaskets on them. The sides of his are straight up and down.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I don't have any close-up photos of it but at the seams its held together by carriage bolts, with the nut and remainng threads on the inside of the building. I'm thinking maybe some metal L-brackets that can attach to those bolts with a second nut. The other side of the L-Bracket would be screwed into the sides of a 2X2 wood framework. Then I could attach plywood, hardboard or peg board to the 2X2 framework. To me that's looking like the most logical solution. I'm just wondering if anyone else here has the same type of building and has already figured this out. If so maybe the might have photos or a hot tip on a read-made L-bracket I could use.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
So with BBBB looming in the near future I'm wondering what's been done in prep for it?

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
So with BBBB looming in the near future I'm wondering what's been done in prep for it?

Well I checked the oil yesterday before heading out on the Memorial Day run. I think its good to go :)

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Dusty, Love all that you have done with Coco. For a truck that kinda started off as an afterthought you have definitely made it your own. Like you, I love to build my own stuff. Only problem with me is that I think I have ADD because my mind is always thinking about all kinds of stuff to do instead of just focusing on one thing and getting it finished and moving to the next. Gotta work on that! Lol! ;D

In any case, Keep up the fabulous work and pics coming. Looks Sweet.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
So let's see updated pics of Coco's new home!

Haven't been too diligent on snapping photos while doing the wiring and lighting, I'll try to get some this weekend. But I did get a shot of my security system:

Dusty, Love all that you have done with Coco. For a truck that kinda started off as an afterthought you have definitely made it your own. Like you, I love to build my own stuff. Only problem with me is that I think I have ADD because my mind is always thinking about all kinds of stuff to do instead of just focusing on one thing and getting it finished and moving to the next. Gotta work on that! Lol! ;D

In any case, Keep up the fabulous work and pics coming. Looks Sweet.

Thanks broncoitis! I also suffer from ADD, lots of ideas and many of them get started then sit unfinished while I move on to something else. Work on Coco has stalled since I moved this past winter, and have been putting most of my free time into other improvements around the house. Just recently started working on the shop. ntsqd has followed my posts on the So Cal Broncos email list but for those who aren't on there I've been working on getting some wiring and lighting done in the shop. The PO had put up this nice building but with no power to it and no wiring whatsoever. He had just run a drop cord over to it from the garage with a couple of clamp-on work lights. So I've been working on getting it properly wired and lit. I'll try to get some progress pics of that this weekend. Probably won't work much on Coco itself until the shop is more squared away. Thanks for the props.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Haven't been too diligent on snapping photos while doing the wiring and lighting, I'll try to get some this weekend. But I did get a shot of my security system:

So is your security "death by a million licks" like most Corso's? Although seeing that run your way is enough to make you pee a little and start crying for the forth coming pain, feels like standing in the middle of the freeway having a stair down with a Mack truck rollin your way with an attitude, even if it steers to miss your getting wiped out as collateral damage.

Great looking pup;D

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
So is your security "death by a million licks" like most Corso's? Although seeing that run your way is enough to make you pee a little and start crying for the forth coming pain, feels like standing in the middle of the freeway having a stair down with a Mack truck rollin your way with an attitude, even if it steers to miss your getting wiped out as collateral damage.

Great looking pup;D

Thanks! Hank is an English Mastiff though. And yes he's a sweetheart when you're with me, and on the same side of the fence as he is. But if you're on the other side of the fence or if I'm not around he's like Cujo ;D

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
If that's Tejas I suspect that his growls start with vibrating hind toe nail and reverberate all the way up thru him. He's one very large reverberation chamber......

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Thom, unfortunately Texas passed away a couple years ago. Hank is one of his sons.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
OK when we last left off, I was starting to wire up the shop building. I'm finally just about done with that so I thought I'd give you guys a tour:

[youtube]aUfvgyLo8c0[/youtube]

(BTW I love how YouTube's algorithm automatically zero'd in on the one frame in the whole video with some female skin and used that as the thumbnail.)