• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Colorado Holy Cross Trial run Sept.15th**updated**

Kdub

Loc.
Colorfull
Hey you all!

Will be way happy to attend! My tow rig smoked the trans back ffom Moab Safari so will drive " Mattie" to trailhead. Hey Steve,,Any tent camping close by? Was great yo see you all in Moab! Great job to ALL of ya!!So far it will only be me. Will talk later..KW

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
Will be way happy to attend! My tow rig smoked the trans back ffom Moab Safari so will drive " Mattie" to trailhead. Hey Steve,,Any tent camping close by? Was great yo see you all in Moab! Great job to ALL of ya!!So far it will only be me. Will talk later..KW

There is tent camping right off the main road.

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
I'll be there with the buggy. My brother should be riding with me. I'm trying to talk my Dad into coming along as well, any free seats? (especially front ones that aren't too high off the ground......)

We'll be heading up Friday around noon and getting some fishing in along the way and camping along the road in.

Where will everyone be staying this year? Do we want to try and stake a claim to some prime real estate along the road?
Joe

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
Joe,

Glad too see you will be making it, once you turn on the road going in before the camp ground on the left, there is a wide area for RV's and such. I can not remember how far in though.
If my memory is right maybe a mile too a mile in a half....

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Thanks Dave, I believe that's the same area Steve and a couple others were parked in last year. Unfortunately, it was 2AM when I got there so I didn't see where anyone was and drove all the way to the trailhead and camped close to it.

I believe I'm camping in my '83 Bronco with a Hallmark pop-up on the back of it and my buggy on the trailer.

What time is anyone else planning to get there?
Joe

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
Joe I will be there Saturday morning, I'm "roughing" it at a Hotel in Frisco;D
Steve usually goes up Friday, So Clint and him may be there. there were others saying they were going up Friday also.

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Joe I will be there Saturday morning, I'm "roughing" it at a Hotel in Frisco;D
Steve usually goes up Friday, So Clint and him may be there. there were others saying they were going up Friday also.

Ill be up there friday night. Got a room in Leadville ;) I just hope I can get my steering fixed...

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Well, I've got my front D60 torn apart right now, finally installing the Chevy 5x5.5 hub/rotor, Crane knuckles, etc... Hopefully it'll all go together well or I'll be back to the FUBAR setup it had.

I'm also hoping to build a new, lightweight trailer to haul the buggy. I don't have to, but it'd be nice.

Do we have a head count yet? There are at least two others from the "springs coming up, maybe a 3rd. We'll all be camping out at the bottom.

On another note, is anyone up for another quick trip on Sunday? BV Carnage is on the way home for me so was wondering if anyone wanted to blast out early Sunday and make a run.
Joe

OP
OP
david heater

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
Well, I've got my front D60 torn apart right now, finally installing the Chevy 5x5.5 hub/rotor, Crane knuckles, etc... Hopefully it'll all go together well or I'll be back to the FUBAR setup it had.

I'm also hoping to build a new, lightweight trailer to haul the buggy. I don't have to, but it'd be nice.

Do we have a head count yet? There are at least two others from the "springs coming up, maybe a 3rd. We'll all be camping out at the bottom.

On another note, is anyone up for another quick trip on Sunday? BV Carnage is on the way home for me so was wondering if anyone wanted to blast out early Sunday and make a run.
Joe

Joe good luck with the 60, we were at 14 about a week or two ago providing everyone makes it I may be bring a guy in a TJ along.
I'm out Sunday, I have to get my little girl Saturday night.

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Hey Steve, a couple of us are planning to run something in Buena Vista on Sunday, maybe Carnage, maybe Iron Chest. Have the time?
Joe

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Hey Steve, a couple of us are planning to run something in Buena Vista on Sunday, maybe Carnage, maybe Iron Chest. Have the time?
Joe

Probably not Joe. I've been out of town the past 4 weekends, so I gotta get some house/yard work done Sunday or else, if ya know what I mean. :p

Kdub

Loc.
Colorfull
Hey now,, Will try to get there Fri.eve. Will be tent camping and looks like Gold Park Camp.??? See U Soon.