• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Colorado, Holy Cross run in July

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like we should have a nice sized group then.

Brad, since you are going through Cheyenne, will you be coming down I-25? If so, Wellington (where I live) is right off of I-25 about 30 miles south of Cheyenne. Maybe you could drop the range box off on your way through. That way you wouldn't have to haul it up to Leadville, so that I can haul it home. Let me know if that will work. BTW - what's your favorite beer? - I owe you one.

Dos Equis Amber, well that's Giggles' favorite anyway.

We can drop off the range box on the way by. Send me a PM with your phone number and we will call when we get close.

Cut Up 75

Loc.
Minturn
well, I'm out as far as driving goes....Went to check on the Bronco last night and someone stole my cd player and cut a bunch of random wires under the dash....:mad: If there's an extra seat I'd love to ride along and take pics...

I can meet someone in Minturn if that works. Let me know.

Dan

Cut Up 75

Loc.
Minturn
Yep, couldn't get it running tonight, I tried for awhile, and now it's too dark, so anyone have an extra seat?

OP
OP
dodgepaul

dodgepaul

Loc.
Nevada IA
Cutup 75 - Damn that sucks, I feel for ya. I think I am full up for my seats but if that changes I'll let ya know.
Brad I'll call you Friday or Saturday and set our time to meet probably Sunday lunchtime. Leadville area. I will send you a pm and see what you think about the schedule for the first part of our week.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
well, I'm out as far as driving goes....Went to check on the Bronco last night and someone stole my cd player and cut a bunch of random wires under the dash....:mad: If there's an extra seat I'd love to ride along and take pics...

I can meet someone in Minturn if that works. Let me know.

Dan

That sucks Dan. If Clint and I make it I know I'll have an empty passenger seat, and since we'll roll through Minturn we could pick you up. It's still up in the air whether we'll make it or not. One of us will post up here next week to let you know for sure.

Steve

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
Time change.

I just talked to Paul. He is leaving for Colorado right now. He is doing a motorcycle tour the first part of the week and might not get to Leadville until late Wednesday night. So we are moving the trail run back 1 hour.
We will meet at the Holy Cross trail head at 10am on Thursday July 19th. Anyone driving in that morning will have an extra hour to get there. :)

Cut Up 75

Loc.
Minturn
Ok, I got the Bronco running in the rain today, I totally thought the run was today! I was rushing last night not thinking about the bronco and thinking we were meeting this morning, so now I'm ready to wheel, but I have a conference I'll be at the 19th-21st %) which I have to attend in Denver. If for some reason I can get out of it I'll be there on the 19th....not today....I'm such a dumbass! I can't believe I

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
Cut Up 75, glad to hear you got your Bronco running again. I hope you can get out of the conference on the 19th so you can join us.

So did you drive up to the trail head and wonder where everyone was at? At least you don't live too far from there.

Cut Up 75

Loc.
Minturn
I've got some friends that work for the Forest Service they've been up in that area all week, I asked them if they had seen any EB's camping/ on HC. They called me from their sat. phone and said it was pretty quite, so I re-read the posting.....%)

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
I picked up a used soft top about a year ago. I took it into a canvas shop last week for some repairs. Got it back and put it on this weekend. So I'll get to try it out on Holy Cross this Thursday. Man, I can't wait!

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Unfortunately it's not looking good for me to make it. I just talked to Clint, and he's saying the same thing. I love that trail, and will do it once or twice later this summer. This Thursday just ain't gonna work out. :cry:

cbearly

Loc.
Wellington, Colorado
I'm sorry to hear that Steve, I was looking forward to meeting you and Clint. I even had a Guinness with your name on it - but thanks for letting us know. Hopefully we can make it work another time. We'll let you know how the trip goes.

Ron Gildersleev

Loc.
DFW
HC later on

Hey Steve, what do you have in mind a for date to run HC later on? I was planning on doing the RMR then HC but do to alittle surgery on my shoulder I can't. Would like try for a later time frame. Maybe last of August? Ron:)

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I'm sorry to hear that Steve, I was looking forward to meeting you and Clint. I even had a Guinness with your name on it - but thanks for letting us know. Hopefully we can make it work another time. We'll let you know how the trip goes.

AAAAAAAAAKKKK! Im so bummed I gotta miss this. I was really stoked for it and the turnout looks like its gonna be perfect. I have a business conflict and there is just too much money to turn down....I think Steve and I will be hitting it sometime in Sept if any of you guys want to go then....

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Hey Steve, what do you have in mind a for date to run HC later on? I was planning on doing the RMR then HC but do to alittle surgery on my shoulder I can't. Would like try for a later time frame. Maybe last of August? Ron:)

We always run it late August or early September. Clint (who's never run HC :p ) and I and the wives are going to the Bristol NASCAR races the weekend of August 25, and the wife and I are going to Cozumel for vacation the first full week of September. So, we'll either plan it before the Bristol trip or after the Cozumel trip.

So much to do, so little time. :cool:

david heater

Loc.
Westminster,Co
We always run it late August or early September. Clint (who's never run HC :p ) and I and the wives are going to the Bristol NASCAR races the weekend of August 25, and the wife and I are going to Cozumel for vacation the first full week of September. So, we'll either plan it before the Bristol trip or after the Cozumel trip.

So much to do, so little time. :cool:

Slight Thread Hi-jack

August, September is right I post on here and Colorado 4x4.org this will be year six doing this. I say in September the 15th or 22nd.