• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coming soon: New IronBender 4-link kit - Installed Pics on page 4!!

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey Jacko, I hope everything is going well. It's been almost two (2) months since anyone has posted on this thread. Christmas is fastly approaching. How about you use your pecker pounders for something else and type us up a progress report. :eek: ;) :-*

Not like I even have any money though. November brings forth my wife's birthday, niece's birthday, 17-year anniversary, daughter's birthday and of course, Thanksgiving. Forget about December!

Axel

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Man, I've been up to my elbows in Baja prep lately. We just put newly valved coilovers on Gary's Bronco with the new set of springs and a heavier sway bar. I took it for a test drive on Friday and I think we've about got it nailed.

Gary is going to Mexico with us, he's our deep extraction unit. We're going to put him in the really nasty places where we need somebody there fast. He'll be putting a good thousand miles on down there, that will likely be our final test.

Long story short, we're probably going to miss Christmas but not by much!

Jack

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Baja went great! I'm all rested up and ready to get back to work again... I'm doing a few final tweaks to the design and will hopefully start placing material orders in January.

Jack

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
what do you do to get the front end to perform as well as the rear with this set up?

You do'n a front end kit next? :D

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Trevor - I'll let you know ;).

We've got several projects in the pipeline, they just don't move very quickly due to resource constraints. But to answer your question, the easiest way to get a suspension to soak up the bumps real well is a quality set of shocks!

Jack

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for posting the link Keith! Looking back through those pictures of where it all started is crazy. I've got the fever to get this thing finished and on the trail!

Just to let everyone know.. the pic of the rear axle in place and the IronBender frame brackets on the frame rail - the brackets are just sitting on the frame rail and are NOT welded or even in the correct position to weld on.

blwngsket

Loc.
Novato
I want this and have some money. Don't know how much longer I can hold onto it, It's startin to burn a hole in my pocket.
Really nice work Jack.
Tony

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I want this and have some money. Don't know how much longer I can hold onto it, It's startin to burn a hole in my pocket.
Really nice work Jack.
Tony

Oh man have you gone off the deep end now! LOL! Going 4-link on that new rear end huh? Nice!

Broncrick

Loc.
Nevada City,CA
Really nice work Jack.
Tony
Like you need another upgrade to keep it in the garage for how many more years? :flipoff2: Just get 'er done! and like me stock up on parts and run it! ;D
Rick-