• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

COMPLETED - Protofab Rock Solid Mass Buy-Ends May 4th at Noon.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

I have these guys are Protofab working their tail ends off.

thanks Scott its nice to know that all this hard work is appreciated...this has become a second job and i really enjoy helpign out bronco friends!!!

msuforeman

71 BRNCO said:
Please note I do not have a computer to use at my house thats why I didn't get back until today. I stay almost every night late from work to keep this organized! I am waiting for three more checks. But that will not hold anyone up but those I am waiting for!

I have money in hand if someone does not pay for the bumpers. Let me know and I can overnight a bank check. :-X

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

I am going to call and nag Keith again on Wednesday, I will let you all know any update then. Thanks.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Yes, I did speak with Protofab today. They are buidling these things like crazy but are a bit behind. All the tire racks and jerry cans are fully assembled and they were picking up the laser cut rear pieces on Thursday adn beginning the final assembly of the rears the end of this week and beginning of next week. I believe the fronts are in laser cutting now. I have been assured that these bumpers are being produced before the major bronco companies are getting theirs. We have been put on priority on these bumpers and as soon as the very first one is done it will head out the door with confirmation to me. I have been bugging him like crazy to get them built and he has promised that they have not stopped yet. I hope to have the first few shipped out early next week!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks
kyle

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
If it makes you feel any better (I know it won't), I ordered a Hanson front bumper at the same time we did these, and am being told it's still another 2-4 weeks before it will be built. So I guess the moral to the story is that these better quality parts are all hand fabbed, and they don't warehouse a bunch (especially with the price of steel) so you better not be in a hurry when you order one! Lesson learned.

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I ordered a hanson front after the mass buy started and it is already sitting on the truck. It worked out nice, I had the time to coat it with por15 and learn before the rear shows up.
Now I am ready to coat the rear bumper when it shows up.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

From the sounds of it, Keith is having trouble keeping the big bronco houses stocked up. There is a ton of work that goes into these things. I know they are working long hours out there. Should not be too much longer till they ship! I can't wait

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
behemoth said:
I ordered a hanson front after the mass buy started and it is already sitting on the truck. It worked out nice, I had the time to coat it with por15 and learn before the rear shows up.
Now I am ready to coat the rear bumper when it shows up.
I ordered the BFS-5 -- which one did you order? They told me these were new, and just getting the first one's ready to ship..

behemoth

Bronco Guru
I ordered the bfs2. It took them a few weeks and then I called for status and it had shipped.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

I was at the Bronco Roundup this weekend so I did not have internet use. I did get a chance to speak with Keith again on my drive down to Paragon. He has good news and not so good. The good news is he has told me that front bumpers will begin shipping tomorrow (Tuesday) and all fronts should be out this week. He said one of his guys messed up the pivot pieces for the tire racks on the rear and that these bumpers had to be scraped but they had already ordered the new laser cut pieces to quickly replace. He promised me that as each single bumper gets done that it gets shipped RIGHT AWAY. I made this clear to him that I need the bumpers out the door! He said that if anyone needed to talk to him that he would be glad to explain what happened and how long it should be to build new bumpers (please make note that I have no control over assembly) He is working away but Proto Fab is extremely busy.

I requested that as he shipped bumpers that he gave me a tracking number for each and every bumper-which I will pass on. This way we can make sure everything is going smooth. I am trying my best to get these things on the road and I have completed everything as needed for Proto Fab. Its just a very busy time of year. If anyone wants updates you are more then welcome to give me a shout too. I don't get on here everyday so I have no problem getting a phone call sometimes. Thanks

kyle

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I did not make it into the mass buy because I was willing to pay full price and needed a few weeks to come up with the cash. Now I am in a hurry to get the bumper so if anyone in the mass buy wants to sell their rock solid rear with spare tire carrier for full price I would be happy to send some cash.

I had no idea these would be so hard to get. I figured I could just pay more and order from one of the parts houses.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Update 6/20

Update again. Just talked to Keith again and all front bumpers will be shipping tomorrow Tuesday 6/21 and I will be emailed tracking numbers to everyone that ordered a rear bumper. Additionally, any rear bumper with No tire rack will go out tomorrow also. Keith is picking up all the new laser cut pieces for all other rear bumpers tomorrow and said they are going to be getting them done as fast as possible and spending all day Wednesday on them!!!!! Another update to come Thursday!

Kyle

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Update 6/21/05

All front bumpers have been shipped as well as rears with no tire rack. I have emailed tracking numbers to each person. Keith is hoping to ship the rest of the rears next week.

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Awesome!! Yeah these bumpers are very very nice quality for the price. I like alot of other bumper designs as well but with the mass buy the price was right for a high end product. Keep us updated when you guys get the bumpers and some pictures installed. I would like to send a few pictures for Keith to try to put up on the website!!

Kyle

OP
OP

71 BRNCO

Bumper Update

Rears are shipping out each day. I will be emailing tracking numbers as bumpers ship! Please post pictures when you get them mounted.