• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Confused Again, naturally

OP
OP
L

Lon L

I certainly appreciate all the input. I promise Im not trying to be obstinate. Just trying to do this in an efficient manner with the least amount of new Blood spots on the garage floor. I do believe I will name my Bronco "Vampire" or "Blood Sucker". I had most of my work done at the restoration shop but couldnt stomach too much more of the $85.00 an hour rates, so it came home for final assembly. Which at the rate I am making progress will be some time LOL.

OP
OP
L

Lon L

There are only 2 options for that pump. The inverted flare that is previously list and this oring metric adapter.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-961956erl?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq5eqpJWx9AIVTRZMCh0TCAmWEAQYASABEgL5rvD_BwE

Here are pics of the only 2 types available on that pump. The one labeled “brass” uses the fitting tuffstuff says to use. The one labeled “Deep” uses the fitting that I posted. These are the only option for that pump.

It would appear that my pump is the one in the picture on the left and correlates to the info I was given by Tuff Stuff and Wild Horses. As it is a
GM pump it does not use the Ford type o-ring fitting.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
The oring is not necessary ford, everyone uses them. All GM's 80 and up use them, Ford and Chrysler followed suit close to the same time frame. If what you have looks like that you are headed down the right path.

No worries about sounding difficult, we've all been in your spot one time or another and am happy to share as much information as you need to complete your project.

jamesroney

Loc.
Fremont, CA
There are only 2 options for that pump. The inverted flare that is previously list and this oring metric adapter.

There are only 2 FACTORY options for the pump. (I know what you meant...but others might not...)

There are aftermarket flow control fittings that go direct to -6AN. (and yes, it's not really -AN. It's actually -6 JIC 37 degree male but that's not important here)

Here's a pic of an aftermarket Saginaw to JIC inverted flare male. They are out there...

Attachments

• fitting.jpg
    fitting.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
L

Lon L

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-961956erl?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq5eqpJWx9AIVTRZMCh0TCAmWEAQYASABEgL5rvD_BwE

Here are pics of the only 2 types available on that pump. The one labeled “brass” uses the fitting tuffstuff says to use. The one labeled “Deep” uses the fitting that I posted. These are the only option for that pump.

I was able to get a little better pic

Attachments

• Tuff3.jpg
    Tuff3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 22

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
in the interest of getting it done buy both fittings and eat the one you don't use. cheaper than professional therapy. I hate waiting for weeks to solve a problem. keep jamming your cell phone taking pictures until you get workable pictures of what you need just make sure you lock the flash on as the picture needs to shoe whats down the hole not just the top of the fitting. Play with setting the zoom first flash on and snap away til you get what you want.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Not as easy as you would think. it is the BC Broncos mount for AC (which is installed and plumbed, just not worth the effort . I will use the fitting the manufacture is telling me to use , I guess if it is wrong I will need a big box rags . Di you look at the links I provided? Why do you not believe the fittings prescribed in the instructions are correct? I do not understand that. Also, I called wild horses and was told it is the same fitting, inverted flare with nothing more than the brass ball fitting. He called it a mushroom ball. Press it in and screw in fitting, is what he told me. Sounds unnecessary to disassemble anything. I am not a mechanic. I am an old man in my garage. Things do not come as easy for me as you may think.

Much like you don't want to take the time to remove anything from the Bronco, I don't want to take the time to read pages of instructions that may or may not be correct when I can tell from a photo what you need.

Instructions, parts provided, and manufacturer's information often don't correlate, so it continues to be a guessing game and trial and error endeavor to get what you truly need.

Based on the photo you managed to get, you have the o-ring fitting and the instructions and manufacturer's direction regarding the pump having the conical fitting are incorrect.

You either need the correct -6 fitting with the o-ring or the conical drop in piece to used with the fitting the manufacturer is telling you to use.

OR you can use one of the aftermarket pressure fittings that have the -6 built in that replaces the entire pressure fitting and doesn't use adapters or fittings.

OP
OP
L

Lon L

You either need the correct -6 fitting with the o-ring or the conical drop in piece to used with the fitting the manufacturer is telling you to use.

By "Conical drop in piece" you mean the little ball that Wild Horses called the "mushroom"? Because that is exactly what they are sending me. 6an fitting and a "mushroom" he said push in and screw fitting in.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
By "Conical drop in piece" you mean the little ball that Wild Horses called the "mushroom"? Because that is exactly what they are sending me. 6an fitting and a "mushroom" he said push in and screw fitting in.

OK, now we're getting somewhere. If they're sending you the "mushroom" then you're probably golden. The "mushroom" or "conical piece" looks like the HBS9106 flare inserts shown on this page (scroll down):

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/hose_fittings.html

You push those in and then screw in the WH fitting and you should be good to go.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
L

Lon L

OK, now we're getting somewhere. If they're sending you the "mushroom" then you're probably golden. The "mushroom" or "conical piece" looks like the HBS9106 flare inserts shown on this page (scroll down):

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/hose_fittings.html

You push those in and then screw in the WH fitting and you should be good to go.

Todd Z.
Ok great, that is what is enroute. When I first began this thread I had not been able to contact them because of the weekend. I hope to receive it by the weekend so I can be done with the brakes, then it is on to fuel tank and plumbing the fuel lines ---woohoo sounds like more bruised knuckles and blood drops :) Thanks again

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I had never seen those inserts before, would save a lot of custom made lines. Thanks!

Yes I'm well aware of the aftermarket fittings with the AN flare made into it, I'm running several of them, was trying to keep it relevant to what the OP was asking.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

Yes, the HBS9106 that Todd references is used to convert the o-ring port to a conical pressure port.