• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Confused

79bronco

Loc.
Wooster
Hae had my titled 77 EB for a couple of years and just bought a 68 body to go onit to save some time only PROBLEM. Is have no time to work on projects and thinking about scraping the whole idea and selling everything. Having mixed feeling about selling but could use the space in shop. signed getting flusterd?:?

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
If you really try, surely you can find some time

Many years ago I befriended an auto shop teacher from another high school in my hometown. He was a retired master Chief who commanded a River Patrol Boat in Vietnam and I learned alot about fixing and repairing cars from this man. He was a really great guy.

Anyways he once told me, when I would fuss about lack of time, "You have the same amount of hours of the day as Michealangelo, Albert Einstien, Thoma Edison and Louis Pasteur did"

Keep your chin up. If you want it enough you can do it.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I know the frustration. I remember being all happy about getting my engine compartment all shiny with new components and driving to BYOB in a convoy with others only to die on the way. My engine was toast. Some pre existing issue that I did not see. I really wanted to throw in the towel and just cut my losses. But I did not. I just got another engine and tuckered on. And I am glad I did.

When projects take a long time to complete, people often get discouraged. Just get the thing running. It does not have to be a beauty. Have a wrenching party with some of the members here. That should get yo back on the horse.

If however you really dont feel for the Bronco anymore and you really need the shop space because all the parts lying around is hindering your business in any way then just get rid of it. Sell it for parts. Perhaps you can get a running Bronco out of it in the future.

Whatever you decide. Good luck with it man. But of course on this site we all hope you stick to it and finish the project ;D

OP
OP
79bronco

79bronco

Loc.
Wooster
trying

I have been trying for 4 or so years now and get to work on it about 1 sat. a month with kids and a loving wife. There still is no time and working LOOOng hours and energy . I know it all excuses but man this rock is hard.

Fitz24

Bronco Guru
Stick with it. If you really want it, it will happen. I work an average of 60 hours a week and returned to college on top of that and still made time to complete my build in about 1-1/2 years.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Set a deadline to have it "done" or at least drivable. I bought a turd a few months ago and it sat for a month before I got into it. The LEBC roundup is the end of April and I WILL have it running by then. I already paid the registration, so I'm out $100 if I don't make it. I started working on it a few weeks ago and I'm on the home stretch. I hope to have it driveable by Monday evening. Is it pretty, no. Will it do for now, absolutely!

I have another project EB I started on a year ago and I just couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was spending a lotta money, and I'm not even close to being able to drive it. When I first got the turd all I could think was it was gonna be the same thing all over again. When I started tearing into it my motivation went way up. Having a driver, no matter how ugly it is, will help keep me motivated on the other rig.

Make a list of things that need to be done. If you don't, the same things keep swirling through your head and it gets overwhelming. If it's paid for keep it, it'll wait till you're ready.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I say see it through! You will be glad you did in the end. My only advice would be to come up with a plan/checklist of things that need to be done to get it finished. As you complete each little point on the checklist the project will come more into focus and will seem more attainable.

By the way, I have been tinkering with mine for close to 8 years now and I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to throw in the towel. However, I kept at it and I am really close to getting it back on the road finally. If I can do it so can you. Good Luck!

fireman_033

Loc.
Bastrop, La
They dont make em any more I have gotten rid of cars that were done and wish I still had them,70 Chevelle SS clone and 68 Mustang were 2 of them I cant seem to find either on at a fraction of what I had in them much less paid for them. IF YOU DONT HAVE TIME NOW KEEP IT AND BUILD IT LATER...

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I spent 9 years rebuilding my 74 and have been working on a 78 for the past 3. Same issues only able to work 1 or 2 saturdays a month and none during the week.
Make a list of things to be done. List every item you want to accomplish and then attack the list one item at a time. When that item is done, check it off and move to the next one. In a year you will see things completed on the list and feel like you have accomplished something.

OP
OP
79bronco

79bronco

Loc.
Wooster
Thanks all

JUst get over wehlmed at times it will have to be a frame up restore. the first project is getting closer to completion just some body work and paint.I have had the first project sense I was 17yrs old and it was my dads before that and thats when he sold the 73 bronco and got the79 Bronco and I have always wanted an EB sense. I just get tired of tripping over stuff. THANK ALL for the support.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Been sitting on my EB project for well over a year going on two now. I am just now in a place to buy the sheet metal I need to start welding on the tub. The down side is I have been in school full time since last year and I flat out just don't have the time to start on it yet. I'm so busy I don't even have time to log on here and surf.

I don't have any classes during the second part of the summer so my plan is to have all the metal ordered before then and start welding away by the end of June.

So keep it and get to it when you can. My last project a 65 fastback took 11 years to complete and drive for the first time.

OP
OP
79bronco

79bronco

Loc.
Wooster
Kepping it

JUst bought a engine for it dirt cheep so maybe with luck it will be running this year

Tuck

Couldn't tell ya how many times I've thought about giving up. Work was fast when I started, got a lot done. Over the years, it slowed...deployments, lack of money, etc. Now I work out of town & I'm only home Fri-Sun night, so Sat is my only full day there. It's yard season again already, so that eats even more time. My engine has been sitting in the garage beside the EB for about 6 months now...thought I'd have it in by Christmas, but oh well. I'll have to take leave to get it in, but I'm on the road too much to even do that lately. It sucks, but then you see something like that cool tach that's going around & it makes you want to buy one & keep going.