• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Convince the wife....

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I told my wife last night that I was taking the hard top off the Bronco this afternoon to install a roll bar and enjoy the sokal sun.....and she said it's gonna look ghey! Can you believe that? She said, "it's not a Jeep, you know". I responded that I was fully aware that it's not a Heep, but that it would look cool. She said topless broncos look stupid. The nerve of some people. Any ideas how to convince her? I guess she isn't going to be stealing my Bronco any time this summer

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
i think its about time you traded her in for a different model. i think shes malfunctioning. do you know if there was a recall on that model? ;D on a more serious note. at first my wife didnt think it would look good either. i just told her if she dont like it she dont have to ride in it.a year later and now i cant keep her out of it...

buckedup

Loc.
Ft myers, Fl
Get the rollbar in..go to the closest beach..fill it full on girls wearing bikini's and take lots of pics..That should definately work or maybe not that would only be good for divorce or to post pics
74bronc said:
I told my wife last night that I was taking the hard top off the Bronco this afternoon to install a roll bar and enjoy the sokal sun.....and she said it's gonna look ghey! Can you believe that? She said, "it's not a Jeep, you know". I responded that I was fully aware that it's not a Heep, but that it would look cool. She said topless broncos look stupid. The nerve of some people. Any ideas how to convince her? I guess she isn't going to be stealing my Bronco any time this summer
;D ;D

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Don't worry she's just showing a bit of jealousy now that you will be cruising in a bad ass convertable. I bet if you gave her the key she would be more than happy to cruise if around and get some attention;D

yak67

Bronco Guru
give her a ride in it on a nice night, once the top is off and she'll change her mind.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D As the top is gone do away with the doors and go for it way cool.;D ;D ;D Bill :cool: %) :p (no top or doors since 74)

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
I like it with my wifes top off better than my Broncos;D , but maybe you can convince her to take her top off while shes riding in the top less bronco.;D

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
After I took mine off last weekend my wife sid it looks like white trash now. I guess she just doesn't get it!!:mad: I get even more looks now and I think it looks great. At least I have my three year old son who thinks it very COOL! He wanted to go for a ride right away.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Bronco Sport said:
After I took mine off last weekend my wife sid it looks like white trash now. I guess she just doesn't get it!!:mad: I get even more looks now and I think it looks great. At least I have my three year old son who thinks it very COOL! He wanted to go for a ride right away.

Just chaulk another one up for jealousy. Jealous people say mean things sometimes huh! Just shrug it off, take your son for a ride and enjoy all those looks. When you get home. just gloat around about how much fun you had. Make sure your son does the same. In no time she'll be asking to go for a ride ;D

67bondobronc

When I was starting to take mine apart my wife said "You are gonna put the top back on right?" I said well, I had not planned on it (main reason is that it is more bondo than metal. So, while the top has been in my storage building the windows have mysteriously shattered..............so I tell her that if are gonna put the hard top back on then we will have to buy windows which costs more money. I think she is sold on leaving it off.;D

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
TJK74 said:
Just chaulk another one up for jealousy. Jealous people say mean things sometimes huh! Just shrug it off, take your son for a ride and enjoy all those looks. When you get home. just gloat around about how much fun you had. Make sure your son does the same. In no time she'll be asking to go for a ride ;D

Will do as soon as the sun comes back out.

72bronco

Bronco Guru
My wife say the same kind of crap, but her real motive is to keep me from spending any more time or money on my truck. The only thing that matters is that it is my vehicle and I will change it to whatever way makes me happy. And meanwhile she can shake her head all she wants and happily drive around in her minivan. Just add that to the list of things in which you and your wife disagree:
- Broncos vs Minivans
- Chick Movies vs Action Movies
- Cuddling vs Freaky Circus Sex
- Too Cold vs Too Hot
- Shopping vs Wrenching
- Taking 2 hours to get dressed vs 5 Minutes

Don't worry about it. You gotta do what a mans gotta do.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
72bronco said:
My wife say the same kind of crap, but her real motive is to keep me from spending any more time or money on my truck. The only thing that matters is that it is my vehicle and I will change it to whatever way makes me happy. And meanwhile she can shake her head all she wants and happily drive around in her minivan. Just add that to the list of things in which you and your wife disagree:
- Broncos vs Minivans
- Chick Movies vs Action Movies
- Cuddling vs Freaky Circus Sex
- Too Cold vs Too Hot
- Shopping vs Wrenching
- Taking 2 hours to get dressed vs 5 Minutes

Don't worry about it. You gotta do what a mans gotta do.

Man I like the way you think!!:) Your list just about sums it all up for me.

4x4x289

should a named this one "need her to go topless"
to give HotWheels a run for the money.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Re: Re: Convince the wife....

buckedup said:
Get the rollbar in..go to the closest beach..fill it full on girls wearing bikini's and take lots of pics..That should definately work or maybe not that would only be good for divorce or to post pics ;D ;D

Thats exactly what I would do. My girlfriend hates my EB with the top on. Bring home a few cuties and she'll think differently. But then again, she might not ever let you take the top off or take it out again for that matter.;D :) ;D Good LUck

broncobillc

Loc.
high desert, ca
trophybass said:
I like it with my wifes top off better than my Broncos;D , but maybe you can convince her to take her top off while shes riding in the top less bronco.;D

tell her "it's going to be you or the Bronco. One of you will be topless for the summer. " Then tell her to make up her mind.

wilson

I haven't had top or doors on mine for about 10 years. Soft top in winter only. My wife would get rid of me if I found A hardtop to put on!