• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Curious to what some parts are worth

injected79

Loc.
Springfield
Hey guys, I have a few questions to what some parts are worth. We picked up a 66 last night and we have decided to build it "our" way, so we are thinking about selling some of the parts off of this one. We have two rust free 1966 doors complete with all the glass (driver side is missing the door panel), the 170 cubic inch engine which i was given the paper work for a complete rebuild that has Zero miles on it, just a few minutes of run time hasnt been started in two years, would put the 3 speed transmission with it. The combination also has a brand new clutch kit in it. I am also curious about the the steering colum, 3 on the tree which is very tight and solid, and last but not least the top, it is in ok condition. Just looking for a ball park on what these parts are worth. I have never built one on these broncos, but i have done numerous 77-79 ford trucks.
Thanks ahead of time

OP
OP
I

injected79

Loc.
Springfield
And i forgot, we have the bench front seat that has been completely gone through, repadded and covered in rred and white leather. Very sharp.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
The doors if solid can catch maybe $200 each or more depending on how "clean" and complete. Although the motor is rebuilt (not good it hasn't been started in 2 yrs) and probably ok but there's not many owners looking for these unless their doing an original resto. Also many upgrade the 3 speed as well. Most upgrade to a V8 so pricing here can be low. Rusted hardtops fetch little to no money so if relatively solid might fetch $100 or so.

The bench seats are pretty rare so that may fetch a pretty penny if clean.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
The motor and tranie ant worth but a hundred bucks or so. The column ant worth anything because its a solid shaft. The bench is the only thing of value. The doors might be worth 200 each if complete rust free. Dont expect to get rich. Nothing pisses me off more than a fellow bronco brother trying to get top dollar from there old unwanted parts!!!!!!!!!! I usually get rid of my unwanted parts for free or just enough to cover shipping. I had a perfect rust free top sitting in my back yard so long i finally scrapped it and got 8 bucks for it. Most guys will pay you to come get there tops out of there backyard! My advise is just let them go cheep to someone who will put them to good use and help a bronco brother out!

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

injected79

Loc.
Springfield
I didnt figure the column or the top would be worth anything but wanted to ask just in case. I also figured i would have to find somebody looking to do a numbers matching restore for the engine to be worth anything to them. The seat is awesome, and the doors seem very solid, not even surface rust.

I just didnt want to try and adverstise these parts and be priced way to high, or priced to where im giving good parts away, when the money i can get out of these parts are going to fund some of the new part for our project.

Thanks Again guys.

Kurt

Loc.
Badger State
The '66 has some '66 - specific items, so do not throw the small parts away.

Good luck and have fun with the build, and post up a build thread on it.

OP
OP
I

injected79

Loc.
Springfield
the old girl is still on the trailer right now, have to get an out of state inspection monday then we are tearing the old girl down.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Is the top Full or halfcab? Ruff halfcabs will fetch a little more $ than a ruff fullcab.How does the vin.# start off U13-U14 OR U15 ? Some parts of the US, parts bring more that in other areas.I would say someone fixing a 66/67 up would give $400 to $500 for a nice set of doors.

saltyj

Loc.
Weslaco, Tx.
If you will.

If/when you decide to sell the 170 please shoot me a pm. Mines getting a bit tired and the V8 upgrade isn't something I plan on doing anytime soon.

Thanks.

saltyj

Loc.
Weslaco, Tx.
Thanks

Also, I think half cab is on with the price on the doors, some folks like the ability to remove the window frames. By the way congratulations on the purchase and have a blast with it.

OP
OP
I

injected79

Loc.
Springfield
Thanks SaltyJ, i just happen to have a stroker windsor engine sitting here begging to fall into the bronco haha

Ill PM you here shortly and we can talk about the 170.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
66 shared door design with 67 but changed in 68. I have seen crazy numbers asked for good doors but have no idea what they have actually sold for.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The motor and tranie ant worth but a hundred bucks or so. The column ant worth anything because its a solid shaft. The bench is the only thing of value. The doors might be worth 200 for a pair of complete rust free. Dont expect to get rich. Nothing pisses me off more than a fellow bronco brother trying to get top dollar from there old unwanted parts!!!!!!!!!! I usually get rid of my unwanted parts for free or just enough to cover shipping. I had a perfect rust free top sitting in my back yard so long i finally scrapped it and got 8 bucks for it. Most guys will pay you to come get there tops out of there backyard! My advise is just let them go cheep to someone who will put them to good use and help a bronco brother out!

Dude, what is up with you? I saw you tee off in another what's it worth post. There is no moral obligation to sell parts cheap because someone drives the same type of vehicle as you.

The doors are worth way more than $200 a pair. 66-67 doors are hard to come by. Depending on condition probably $400-$700. Honestly I would probably keep them with the Bronco because plans change often. Bench seat $350-400 if it's nice. A motor with a documented rebuild depends on the buyer but probably a couple hundred for someone wanting to stay stock.

OP
OP
I

injected79

Loc.
Springfield
I have documentation on the engine, the gentleman that had it spent around $2400 on everything, the engine, clutch, machine work, and so on. Has never been driven, just started up and broke in, then was fired up every now and then until about 2 years ago.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Dude, what is up with you? I saw you tee off in another what's it worth post
Im the guy at the golf course with a 5 gallon bucket of balls in the trunk. Im also the guy that usually tees up at least 10 balls per hole, and usually hits at least one house per round. What can i say....i like to golf...and i like one to at least land on the fairway!:p

I didnt mean to come off as a prick, im just being honest. If you want the stuff gone quick then price it accordingly, if you want it to sit around and rust away, or you want to spend weeks and weeks on craigslist then price it like its made of gold. Like said above dont throw anything away because someday somebody will want that part someday and its nice to just give it away and help someone out. I see guys at the swap meets go home with all the crap they came with (more sometimes) because they are attached at the hip to these parts! And i met a guy at a swap that gave me a huge box of stuff just to get rid of it (box contained distributers, door hardware, complete heater box, tailgate parts, complete elec wiper setup, and tons of other stuff), which means im not the only prick out there that believes in helping someone out, expecially a bronco brother!

Kyle must be one of them guys that cant part with anything because he thinks is holds lots of value...there is a tv show about them people! And no bronco part is hard to come by, not even them doors....i can go to any vendor and buy them brand new if i want. (I wouldnt expect to fund the project by selling off unused parts)

I just get tired of guys wanting thousands and thousands for some rusty junk that they should of let go before it actually got rusty. I looked at at least a dozen broncos last summer that once i saw them in person i couldnt even make them a counter offer because i didnt want to inselt them. Guys are asking 5grand for a bronco that to me ant worth but a few hundred bucks!

Long story made short....price the parts fairly, get rid of them before they turn to dust, and let them go to a new happyer home! Kyle might not have a moral obligation to sell parts cheep to help out a fellow bronco brother but i do!

Last edited:

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll take a set of those mint $200 66-67 doors when you get a chance Brotha.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Look at what some of the vendors charge for "used oem parts":(

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I have documentation on the engine, the gentleman that had it spent around $2400 on everything, the engine, clutch, machine work, and so on. Has never been driven, just started up and broke in, then was fired up every now and then until about 2 years ago.

If it still looks nice and clean, I'm sure it's worth more than a couple of hundred to somebody. I don't know how much, but if I was facing $2,400 worth of work, and could get this for $1,500, I would probably jump on it. So it just depends on finding the right buyer. This engine wasn't just in the Bronco, and a lot of people are doing a stock from the factory restoration.

So the answer to what it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. For some people it's worth $200. For others, it might be a lot more.