• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Daily Drivers.

GRN_MEANIE

Mine is my DD. 17 miles each way. This is a new job, so I'll probably have to buy something a little more economical, even though I love driving it everyday.

Just make sure you double check your numbers before you buy something.

GusI

Loc.
Issaquah, WA
72, mild 302, C4, 3.55 gears and 33" MTRs.

I get about 10 MPG and I drive it about 6 miles round trip to the Park and Ride each day. I also use it for my regular errands.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
I have driven an early Bronco as a daily driver (3-4 times a week) for the past 30 years (not the same EB but one of a dozen I have owned). I currently drive my 12 miles round trip in my newly acquired '76 Explorer....... love driving them but I would be a rich man if I had saved all that gas money! ;D;D;D

Attachments

• new bronco in the sun.jpg
    new bronco in the sun.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 54

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
love driving them but I would be a rich man if I had saved all that gas money

Yes and no. If for the past 30 years you had bought a new truck every 5 years and made payments most or all of that whole time you would be very poor indeed. Now if you had driven a used little geo metro or Honda all those years then maybe you'd have more money. But think about all the enjoyment you've gotten. Plus resale prices on broncos have to be better than on Hondas.

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
Drive my '77 daily about 10 miles round trip and take it out every chance I get. Fortunately my wife loves being driven around in the bronco as much as I love driving it. In SoCal, having the C4 and power steering is very nice.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Another first for my daily driver. Now it's a Bronco cement mixer.;)
The low first gear on the NV3550 really came in handy today!

Attachments

• Bronco cement mixer.jpg
    Bronco cement mixer.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 96

ahansen_1985

Bronco Guru
Loc.
amity, oregon
Mines off the daily list for a bit longer:(( drive it today again..... It's still incomplete from my 5 spd swap, just missing front driveline, exhaust and trans case shifter.....

Well long story short 65 mph, went to use brakes, lane change is a understatement!!!!! Freaking drum brakes on the front!!!! One side grabbed one didn't!

So mines down till I figure out if I wanna convert the 30 to disk, or just get a 44 with disk lol....

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.109663,-123.202654
1966,351,m5od,205....3.5" lift, 2" body, 35's,

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
I drive mine every chance I get, I only drive My 95 Ram if the bronco is down for some reason.

Attachments

• 2012-01-12 17.05.49.jpg
    2012-01-12 17.05.49.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 61

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
I did a full restoration( body off frame, every nut n bolt, SVO crate motor, the whole works). Then I left it sit in the garage most of the time and rarely drove it for the next 15 years. last year my son wrecked my Ranger pickup so I started driving the 68 Bronco every day for the last 15 months.

When it sits in the garage all shined up and spotless I want to go wheel it.
When I go wheel it I wish it was still shinney.

funny, same thing for my 74 resto-mod looked to good to sit in the garage, fun to drive but wheelin is better! now I have the Bronco/buggy.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
My buddy Todd drives his year round. He put 100K miles on it in 3 years.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
All I have to drive is my two broncos. I drive the blue when ever it rains or snows..(between the salt and the wheeln trips it is starting to rust some) On dry days which ever one has gas in it is the one i drive.. my daughter doesnt like riding in the stockr to much because the am radio doesnt pick up stations very well.. lol...work m-f is a 24mile round trip.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Drive mine almost everyday about 4 miles each way, even put on a hard top since the move to South Dakota;D

Attachments

• luber 001.jpg
    luber 001.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 52

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
hoping to drive it at least once a week when it warms up some. about 50 miles round trip including lunch.

yak67

Bronco Guru
I drive mine 1 or 2 times a week with about a 15 mile round trip.