• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dakota Digital Oil pressure sender

Vincen

I am installing a Dakota VHX cluster and am looking for ideas to mount the oil pressure sender. My original location is nearly impossible to install without removing the fuel pump. Any ideas are appreciated.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it larger than the original one? Does your engine still have the stock extension tube that brings the sender out to a slightly less inaccessible location?

Paul

OP
OP
Vincen

Vincen

I am going to try the extension to see if it will work. I guess I just wanted a few more opinions. Thanks

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mounted mine on stock extension, and I have no fuel pump there, still a pain for clearance with oil filter and header heat issues.

OP
OP
Vincen

Vincen

Thanks all. It turned out one of the brass adaptor nuts was not 1/4" npt. New extension and adaptor nut from Summit, problem solved.