• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dakota Digital VSS to EFI

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Using a VHX Dakota Digital cluster in my build. The adapter to get speed to the cluster does not have a provision for a VSS for EFI applications. This is noted in the instructions. I called their Tech Support and they said the control box is capable of supplying either 2,000 or 4,000 pulses per mile for a VSS input.
Does anyone know what a Ford manual ECU is looking for in pulses on the VSS feed?

Jebus

Loc.
Longview, WA
I think there is more to it than a set VSS frequency but I believe 8000 pulses per mile is the goal the EECx ECU, and the original speedo, and the cruise control, is looking at for proper speed calibration.

Someone correct me if I'm in error.

What you get from yor vss could vary by tire size, gear ratio, ect...

The Dakota Dash needs probably what the VSS that came with it puts out, and as you will see, needs to be calibrated in the dash too.

I'm EEC4 w/older Dakota Dash and I am purchasing the Dakota box.

Model SGI-5E

It's probably the cleanest way...

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have one of these I would sell. It's a dakota Universal Speedometer Signal Interface. I was going to use it for the same reason. Basically the VSS supplies this, which supplies the efi and gauge. I went with a different route with my 4r70w that can do something similar.

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index....t_id=126/category_id=287/mode=prod/prd126.htm

Message me if interested, i would sell it cheaper then I bought it for:)

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Dakota Digital VSS

Yakelys69 and Jabus,

Thanks for the information, I will attempt to piggyback the DD VSS onto a Ford VSS to get signals for both. Wish me luck...

Duffymahoney,

Thanks for the offer, but I will try the other option first.

v/r,

SevenT

Last edited: