• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash Layout. Suggestions...?

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
X2, and for me that means some iteration of this or similar. Still being refined, but . . . .

Thats awesome man! I love the idea of having the gauges in a "normal" location. Im just playing with various dash overlays right now and just making a mess.

This one is still my favorite:

Attachments

• steeringwheel_resize.JPG
    steeringwheel_resize.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 225

backpain

Bronco Guru
Thats awesome man! I love the idea of having the gauges in a "normal" location. Im just playing with various dash overlays right now and just making a mess.

kholding, PM me an email address and I'll send you about 40 pics I've collected - mostly subscribers here - , including the Bel-Air style NY posted

broncoitis

Bronco Guru

That dash is definitely BadAss for sure! :eek:

Cobra11

Contributor
Loc.
West Hollywood, CA

this is a totally original dash isnt it?? no customization whatsoever????

HAHA!!!!!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
this is a totally original dash isnt it?? no customization whatsoever????

HAHA!!!!!

I know you are joking! LOL!!! But that dash is from like a 55 Chevy or something I believe. Looks pretty sweet but the fact it is from a Chevy to me makes it useless in a FORD! ;D

backpain

Bronco Guru
I know you are joking! LOL!!! But that dash is from like a 55 Chevy or something I believe. Looks pretty sweet but the fact it is from a Chevy to me makes it useless in a FORD! ;D

It's a Bel-Air dash. I surmise either customized from original metal or fab'd from the 'glass versions that are re-produced.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
that Bronco belongs to a local here and in person it's 100 times better looking than the photo. it resembles a dash from a '55, '56 or '57 Chevy in design lines but who cares. original idea, expert craftsmanship and top notch result. you should see the whole Bronco in person. a real showstopper that would win 1st in any show.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Oh, don't misinterpret me! I think that the idea was awesome and the execution was top notch to put it mildly. I have no doubt that it looks even better in person. I would love to see it in person some day. ;D

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
Looked over all of the dash pics to see If I could find something simple to do... I did not want to take the dash out and did not want to just pop them in.

A little different, still want to touch up and make an aluminum bezle with clear plastic to cover the new cluster of gauges. I was only using the original cluster for the speedo and the main reason was to get a gas gauge working.

So here is my new "cluster"... Not exactly as I had pictured in my mid but they all work!

3 3/8" speedo
2" fuel (programable)
1.5" water,volts and oil
LED turn signals and high beam indicator

After going through it I think next time I would just go with a sealed Bronco type unit. Even buying lower cost gauges you still end up paying a chunk... A little more and your wiring is much cleaner. An electric speedo would have put me at the starting price of the new Bronco versions out.

Attachments

• _ED12599.jpg
    _ED12599.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 110