• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dash Opinions

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
Body guy is getting ready to finish my dash. Trying to decide about a few things. Ash tray, considering filling it. I will never use it. Speaker grill, considering filling it. Will not use. Throttle cable (or as I used it, cruise control). considering filling it. With installing a FiTech, not sure I will ever use or need it. Finally, my dash was cut for a radio, but am considering a Retro Sound radio, should I just use the DIN Repair Kit that they offer? This will be a stock looking vehicle, clean and simple on the inside and out. Only real upgrades are PS, PB and FiTech.

Thoughts?
Will

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I removed the speaker grill and the radio totally. I kept the ash tray because I thought it was old school cool.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 193

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
The glove box is usually an issue with a cage.
There are various remedies, that usually involve moving it, shortening it, or side hinges.
Personally, I'd eliminate the speaker grill and move the glove box over.
I like the ash tray too. It's a good place for candy.;)

chuckyb

Contributor
I have an uncut 68 dash radio delete. I am having the glove box moved an inch to the left to be out of the way of the cage and getting rid of the speaker vent and ashtray.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, see my dash in my garage. Not the best, but you can work off it . Got a radio too work around the heater cables. I'm happy with it. Original style. Good luck

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
When I had the stock dash, I also got rid of the ash tray and speaker grill as they didn't serve any purpose...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Remove em Will if you aren't using them.. Make it your own and add your own little touches..

Think it'll be cool

OP
OP
Smedley

Smedley

Loc.
Snohomish
Thanks for the input. Is there any reason to keep the throttle cable. Going with a FiTech and this will be a daily street driver. Short commute on local roads.

Will