• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Diamond plate door inserts

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
he's not just another pretty face....wait, he's not that either ;D

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
You gonna make fender flares for your next magic trick???

Huh?

Huh?

Huh?

"pant"
"pant"
"slobber"

OP
OP
j.blakeslee

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
You gonna make fender flares for your next magic trick???

Huh?

Huh?

Huh?

"pant"
"pant"
"slobber"

Roundhouse,.. For my next trick... I'm toying with the idea for a hood...a pro flow.. well see when i get some free time.. not any time soon

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Nice work Jay.
I too missed this thread.... How much hours did you put in to build a set?

OP
OP
j.blakeslee

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
Nice work Jay.
I too missed this thread.... How much hours did you put in to build a set?

Thanks Mad,
The first set took some time...(20 to 30 hours) makin the templates and the jug. the second set for fatboy i got like 4 to 6 hours in to them and they are all tacked..and have been fitted.they have to be put back in the jug and welded up..another 2 1/2 hours and thell be done.. i also bended up a piece of pipe for the two crazy bends....and clamp the d-plate to it and heat the crap out of it to get the bends and trim them ...that is a hell of alot faster then how i was doing it before

OP
OP
j.blakeslee

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
Can you make a pair of corner guards for a Bronco?

Evian,
I could but ... i'd have to buy a whole sheet of metal (4x8) i mite be able to get a 4x4 sheet depending on the gauge you where looking to make them out of... i believe a few vendor's make them . that would be your best bet.. by the time of buying the metal, cuting, bending it up test fitting and shipping you'd be able to buy two sets from a vendor .

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Evian,
I could but ... i'd have to buy a whole sheet of metal (4x8) i mite be able to get a 4x4 sheet depending on the gauge you where looking to make them out of... i believe a few vendor's make them . that would be your best bet.. by the time of buying the metal, cuting, bending it up test fitting and shipping you'd be able to buy two sets from a vendor .

the vendors only sell the guards for the rear.
Wish Wild Horses would make some for the front too!

I bend the front corners alot more often than the rear.