• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DIY Bedliner

txbronco_73

Loc.
Abilene, Texas
im going to do the inside of my tub w/ spray in liner. what is good? bad? im looking for the spongy feel rhino linings has. ebay has liner x-treme and rattle guard. anyone used these?

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
The liner in a can that I have used on projects before has a soft feel to it, I think it was made by duplicolor. Check your local parts store, thats where I found it. I have some herculiner sitting around here somewhere, that I bought to use on my BB, but never got around to it. Its been sitting for a while and I dont know what the shelf life of this stuff is, but if its still good, pay me for shipping and you can have it.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I used the duplicolor stuff. It works, but needs a couple of weeks before it cures good. Up untill that point, the heat will really make it soft and prone to scuffs. After it cures completely it is rather hard. Nice coverage and feel to it, but I wouldn't call it soft....

Matt_W

Loc.
Connecticut
I used the x-treme liner stuff from ebay. If you are looking for a soft feel its probably not the way to go. It drys very hard......althought you do mix in your own hardner so maybe if you dont use as much it will be a little softer. I do like how it came out in my bronco though. I just wouldnt call it soft.

oakley144

on the dupicolor before i put it down i covered my whole bed in rust bullet and then spryed the bedliner from the can down. for about a day it looked good but then it started flaking? whats up with that? what did i do wrong?

broncobilly_69

Loc.
Lebanon
Herculiner isn't very soft and has rubber granules that would make it very abrasive and difficult to clean. Great for traction though. I will use it on my step/nerf bars. Did my Frame in it too.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Hey Txbronco, I havent found it, but its here somewhere, but if the shelf life is a year, its definitely no good now. What a waste of $100 :mad:

OP
OP
T

txbronco_73

Loc.
Abilene, Texas
thats ok yellow, if you find it ands its good, ill take it. thanks

well, that takes care of one of the ebay ones, what about that rattle guard? its on ebay as well. the place it comes from is down by houston. wonder if its good stuff. i just like the way that rhino lining feels. too bad you cant buy it in gallon size. anyone tried line-x?

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I have used Durabakbedliner lots & love it! If you search with the words "progress cowl" you will find my thread (I am on a hella slow connection & can't do it too well).

It is pretty price competitive & comes in a ton of colors!

www.durabakbedliner.com

Give 'em a look!

MnkyBiz

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
SOunds good. As far as line-x, Ive heard nothing but good stuff about it. I got a price quote for my tub in color of my choice for $550, thats with me doing prep work myself. The quotes I got from rhino were over $1000. Just call around to what you have locally. When I looked around in houston, all I could find where rhino and line-x dealers. Im sure there are some other companies that slipped through, but I'll be going with line-x when the time comes. I wish I knew what the PO used on my liner thats in there right now. Its nice and thick, but still soft enough for me to be able to pick at it, sounds like what you were looking for. If I can find his number, Ill call him and ask, he's in houston too.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Check out Durabak. www.durabak.com Check with MnkyBiz about it as his Bronco is coated in it, but from the samples I received from them...it seemed to have a little give, but the samples are thin and are only meant to give you an idea on the color. Mnky will be able to tell you more about the consistency once its laid on thick. For long term wear, I dont think you want it too soft or it will wear very quickly. Best of luck and post it when you get'erdone.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Oops! I guess thats what happens when your a slow-poster trying to work and play at the same time.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
People are probably getting sick of seeing pics of my truck but I would like you to see what my bedliner looks like. Done here at home with SEM tintable bedliner. It has UV protection and you can make it any color you want, ANY color. The kit was $180 but one kit did everything inside my tub from fire wall to tailgate. It IS NOT as thick as taking it in and having it professionally done but I am happy with it. You could buy TWO kits if you want it really thick. Mine has been tested tough. My dogs have not done anything to it. I had a battery slide back and forth - back and forth for a week near the tailgate and it didn't leave a mark at all. You can read more at www.semproducts.com :)

Attachments

• inside driver door bedliner.jpg
    inside driver door bedliner.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 48
  • passenger front floor bedliner.jpg
    passenger front floor bedliner.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 51
  • rear of bed with bedliner.jpg
    rear of bed with bedliner.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 69
  • dash from rear of bed.jpg
    dash from rear of bed.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 81
  • inside of tailgate.jpg
    inside of tailgate.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 56

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
2badrotties said:
People are probably getting sick of seeing pics of my truck but I would like you to see what my bedliner looks like. Done here at home with SEM tintable bedliner. It has UV protection and you can make it any color you want, ANY color. The kit was $180 but one kit did everything inside my tub from fire wall to tailgate. It IS NOT as thick as taking it in and having it professionally done but I am happy with it. You could buy TWO kits if you want it really thick. Mine has been tested tough. My dogs have not done anything to it. I had a battery slide back and forth - back and forth for a week near the tailgate and it didn't leave a mark at all. You can read more at www.semproducts.com :)

Is that a spray on or brush?

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
I used the SEM liner like 2bad did, and couldn't be happier with it. You can make it any color like he said. Just don't try to apply it in 100 degree heat. :mad: I got mine from a local jobber at $135. One kit did the cowl, inner fenders, and complete underside of the tub.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
1063251034_Mvc_008l.jpg
Here is a close up pic of the underside of the tub.

OP
OP
T

txbronco_73

Loc.
Abilene, Texas
that looks perfect 2bad and yellow. im gonna check it out right now. i like how you dash matches 2bad. would there be enough in one kit for tub, door panels and dash?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
txbronco_73 said:
that looks perfect 2bad and yellow. im gonna check it out right now. i like how you dash matches 2bad. would there be enough in one kit for tub, door panels and dash?

There is bedliner on the floors only. I bought interior paint to do the dash and door panels. I was going to bedliner some steel doorpanels but santa brought be some nice ones so I used them ( thanks again trailpsyco )

The bedliner, dash, doorpanels are all the same color. Some of the pictures don't look like it but they match really good. You could do the dash in yours with bedliner , there should be enough to do that extra little bit. I have some left that I didn't use.

Attachments

• door panels tan pass.jpg
    door panels tan pass.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 30