• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Do I Need EFI Valve Covers?

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I'm getting ready to do my EFI conversion and I'm trying to plan ahead for all the parts I might need. One thing that crossed my mind was the valve covers. Currently I have some cheap Ford Motorsport chrome valve covers. I'd like to get away from all that chrome junk anyway since I really don't care for all that flash and I think it might look silly under my EFI intake.

So here is my question. Will I need to replace my existing valve covers? I noticed that a lot of EFI engine valve covers have a tall tube extending out of one valve cover for adding oil, yet the other valve cover has no opening at all. My current valve covers have openings on both sides, one for oil and the other for the breather. I really like the "BRONCO - POWERED BY FORD" valve covers but the description says that they are not compatible with EFI. So I'm assuming there must be a difference between EFI valve covers and older style valve covers. Finally, if I do need to change them, what valve covers would you recommend?

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
If you don't care what they look like, get a set of EFI valve covers for cheap in the pick-n-pull

Bronco71

Loc.
Farmers Branch, TX
Check my gallery! I am doing the EFI conversion with Mustang 5.0 HO intake and the Bronco valve covers. I am running roller rockers on 302 (actually 289) heads. The valve covers actually have a tall tube for the oil cap which is very close to the throttle linkage, but I was able to cut a little off the bracket to clear. The main reason it works on mine is that I have a 1" plenum spacer on the intake and a 1" body lift; stock hood closes fine this way!