• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone else have this problem?

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I guess if there’s ever a problem to have, this would be it :) . Too many parts and nowhere to install them. I bought my 69 in February of this year and since then I have spent almost 10K ;D on parts. The problem is the only things I have done to it are the lift, tires, power steering and some other small things. After moving out of my house and into my brother’s place without a garage and having a shoulder surgery I should finally be able to start working on the Bronco. November 1st I will be moving into a house that has a two car garage so I should be able to start my frame off, install the new tub and all the cage work. Besides the Duff bumper, STC soft top, Tera low gears and other small parts here are a few pics of the parts I have acquired.

Does everyone else keep track of the money they spend? It hurts me to even look at it, but I would change a thing.

Sorry, no real tech here, just passing time.

Attachments

• Cage arms.jpg
    Cage arms.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Gorilla flares.jpg
    Gorilla flares.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Steering components.jpg
    Steering components.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Toms power brakes.jpg
    Toms power brakes.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Tuffy Stereo console.jpg
    Tuffy Stereo console.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Weather stripping.jpg
    Weather stripping.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 38
  • WH 2in Deluxe BL.jpg
    WH 2in Deluxe BL.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Ebrake_clutch_hood pins.jpg
    Ebrake_clutch_hood pins.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 67

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I can relate... I moved out of a place with a nice garage before getting my EB. All the work I've done has be out in the yard. I can also relate to knowing how much change I've spent on it...... unbelieveable ;D

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I've done a few things outside but my brothers but his housing association frowns on that. As far as money goes, I have to spend much more to even get it driving again.

meckanik

Loc.
Issaquah, WA
Damn.....that's the steering wheel and column setup I want to run. And the arms. And the console. Um, yeah. Nice!

-Jeff

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
I have a folder where I put all the receipts for parts and work done by shops.
So yes I keep track of what I spend but I have no idea how much it is. I am afraid if I added it all up my wife would say enough.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
on my first bronco (that i still own) i kept all the receipts since '81. it's at least 2.5" thick. last time i added it up, i stopped once i hit 25k. can't complain it's just part of owning a bronco. they are money pits one way or another.

glad to hear you're finally going to get going on your project at your own place.

BTW- you'll want to pick up one of my steering column bezels that are designed for the 2" aftermarket column.JBG, BCB & TBP carries them.
enjoy
nick

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
i was in the same spot as you until the last few months i got most of my stuff installed. i have a huge spreadsheet for everything ive bought and want with all the info on each item. i have no life....

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
NicksTrix said:
on my first bronco (that i still own) i kept all the receipts since '81. it's at least 2.5" thick. last time i added it up, i stopped once i hit 25k. can't complain it's just part of owning a bronco. they are money pits one way or another.

glad to hear you're finally going to get going on your project at your own place.

BTW- you'll want to pick up one of my steering column bezels that are designed for the 2" aftermarket column.JBG, BCB & TBP carries them.
enjoy
nick

All my reciepts are building up too. That's funny you mentioned your steering column bezel because I was just thinking about placing another order and that was going to be included :) I'm now deciding if I should buy a NV3550 kit from AA or try to find a transmision local and then buy the adapters. I would like to have most of the parts before I start tearing it apart...

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Never..I mean never..add up the receipts. It will scare the hell out of you. I figured that out after I added up the receipts from my engine build.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Since you don't have anywhere to install them I can come by and take the Arms off your hands. That way you will not need to find a place to install them. ;D

Hey, it sounds good to me. ;)

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
SaddleUp said:
Since you don't have anywhere to install them I can come by and take the Arms off your hands. That way you will not need to find a place to install them. ;D

Hey, it sounds good to me. ;)

I was wondering when I would get an offer like this :) :) :)

ghost66

Bronco Guru
I keep a running track on my Broncop is Microsft excel, it's really scary and my wife doesn't know it exists cause I labeled it under baseball info, she hates baseball and would never click on the document. You have to keep track so you can see how many Broncos you could've bought with what you spent on the one you are restoring.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Flash69 said:
I would be happy to take the steering column off of your hands.

Another great offer :eek: You guys are too kind :)

I'm still deciding on what wiring harness to use - Painless, Centech, Ron Francis. I know nothing about wiring but I know what my needs are. Just another purchase that needs to be done before I can even think about driving this thing again....

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i can relate too. i have a spare engine for my truck on a stand in my driveway and now a new engine getting ready to go in. i just spent $590.00 on it today also. now i gotta find the time to put all the new parts in while trying to keep up with alll the other projects everyone else has for me.

list of projects;

new body mounts
new engine
new tuffy console
new tuffy glove box
new wiring harness
new windshield frame
rebuild new guages and install

now i gotta sell 2 engines too!

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
You should see my back hallway and spare room, I wouldn't dare to post a pic. Boxed up as delivered, Only opened to check if its the right part. Invoices still in the boxes so I don't have to look at them.........

With more time this year I got alot of the parts out and on the rigs.

720Racer

Loc.
Auburn
JSmall,

I'm in the same boat, but I won't be moving any time soon, so I think I'll pour concrete in the front third (about 32 x 32) of the barn and use that area (mildly weather proof) to work on my 69'. It's a little hard to take $2K out of the parts budget, but how else can I take the tub off and roll a engine lift/ engine stand/ floor jack/ welder/ creeper around? As far as the big ticket items go, I only have to find a motor (I'm real close on this one) and a better rear end. Then it'll be on to some of that cool smaller stuff you've been collecting.

Madgyver said:
You should see my back hallway and spare room, I wouldn't dare to post a pic. Boxed up as delivered, Only opened to check if its the right part. Invoices still in the boxes so I don't have to look at them.........

With more time this year I got alot of the parts out and on the rigs.

Mad, you make me laugh, I should post a pick of my down stairs hallway. Windsheild frame, bc's 24 gal tank and skid plate, rh fender, yukon d44 shafts, 4 core radiator, astro hydroboost, stock wiper assembly, bc's zf adapter kit, f150 steering box bracket. I'm sure I missed something, but it's really hard to even walk past. It makes my girl friend crazy. She tells her friends that "he has car parts in his living room " That's fine, when I'm done, she can just drive herself around her j**p ?:? , while I roll around in my 69' :cool:

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
720Racer said:
Mad, you make me laugh, I should post a pick of my down stairs hallway. Windsheild frame, bc's 24 gal tank and skid plate, rh fender, yukon d44 shafts, 4 core radiator, astro hydroboost, stock wiper assembly, bc's zf adapter kit, f150 steering box bracket. I'm sure I missed something, but it's really hard to even walk past. It makes my girl friend crazy. She tells her friends that "he has car parts in his living room " That's fine, when I'm done, she can just drive herself around her j**p ?:? , while I roll around in my 69' :cool:

My girlfriend says the same thing except all my parts are in the bedroom next to the bed because that’s the only room my brother will let me occupy. Here’s a pic of some of the parts I have in my bedroom, since the pic was taken I have added the bumper and a few other things to the pile

Attachments

• All product.jpg
    All product.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 52

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
JS,
That's just a little pile-o-parts,
I got 2 rolling shelves in my hallway, I don't use my back door so it made some good storage space.
madgyver

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
meathead333 said:
i was in the same spot as you until the last few months i got most of my stuff installed. i have a huge spreadsheet for everything ive bought and want with all the info on each item. i have no life....

If you wouldn't mind could you post a pic of the spread sheet how you did it or e-mail me a copy. I have been thinking about getting out of the manilla folder and into the computer but don't have a clear picture of what the end result would look like.