• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone on here remember K Bar S Bronco Specialties

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That is quite interesting. You talked to Suzy Duff about it?

I've gotta imagine that's some sort of homemade dealio, don't you think? Hence the "James Duffy Enterprises"?

Todd Z.

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
I've gotta imagine that's some sort of homemade dealio, don't you think? Hence the "James Duffy Enterprises"?

Todd Z.

I think so. Although, it's very good. Somebody took some time to make it.
But to quote Hal "the S in KbarS" Sealund
"That is funny! Duffy and K Bar S together? Never." ;)

KbarS1

Can anyone explain this sticker to me? ?:?

kbarsduffy.jpg

Hello,
This sticker was one of the first created when KbarS opened in Las Vegas. We used to be a distributor for James Duff Products that was prior to going into our own manufacturing of parts. The sticker is somewhat worn, I thought it used to say that we were a distributor or similiar.

Patti ;D

KbarS1

Another one I found of Hal Sealunds Crazy Horse.

Hal-Sealands-bronco.jpg

Hi,
This is the original KbarS "Crazy Horse" that was used in our advertising and sand drag racing. Hal Sealund is now the owner of the bronco and very rightfully so as he is the "S" in KbarS.

Patti ;D

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
Hello,
This sticker was one of the first created when KbarS opened in Las Vegas. We used to be a distributor for James Duff Products that was prior to going into our own manufacturing of parts. The sticker is somewhat worn, I thought it used to say that we were a distributor or similiar.

Patti ;D

Well there ya go!
Thanks Patti!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hi,
This is the original KbarS "Crazy Horse" that was used in our advertising and sand drag racing. Hal Sealund is now the owner of the bronco and very rightfully so as he is the "S" in KbarS.

Patti ;D

Heck Yeah... ;)

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
Was just searching for K Bar S stuff on here and found this forum. Amazing how many people remember them. I bought a '67 back in the late 80s and drooled over everything in their catalog. I bought their lift kit, soft top, soft doors, door inserts and Beard seats. I also was going for that black/orange roadster look that graced the cover of their catalog. Great to read the stories and hear from the actual owners. The pictures on this thread are amazing!

Dirtheadz

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I went to high school and worked in Vegas for 10yrs. I used to drool in the show room. I would stop in when ever I needed some masterbation material.

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
When I bought my '66 in 1991 KbarS was the only catalog on the coffee table. I remember talking to you folks about an ignition switch problem I had and you where a very big help. My first schooling in Bronco electrics.
So happy to see this thread appear.....brings back memories.
Thanks to all your family!

Broncolessfool

Loc.
Aurora, CO
Just curious? Did you buy anything from them? ;D

To try to get back on track, purchased a hood bubble, door bushing rebuild kit and a four core radiator and brackets for the '77 I used to own, from what I remember. Loved the catalogues too! Reading this thread has taken me back; I need another Bronco.

dbruce9035

Loc.
Hutto, TX
What about Venice/Vintage Broncos? Anyone remember them?

I do. I am still running an RV cam I bought from them. It changed the firing order from a 302 to a 351 firing order. Took a while to figure it out. Afterward I looked at the receipt where it mentions that.%)
Also did some business with K bar S.
And this was all before the Internet.

74fiberglass

I also bought aset of fiberglass fenders from them in 90 or 91 . They where for my first bronco, a 77. Sold that a long time ago

cody72sport

i never bought anything form kbars but im only 18, i think my dad ordered a part or two back in the day. after getting my bronco this last May one of the first things i bought was a kbars smittybilt roll bar from a guy in albequerque, i was going to paint it but i didnt want to cover up the kbars sticker

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe you'll still be able to do that, at some point, if you can get one of those NOS decals that are laying around.
Or, for the cool retro look, sand and paint the whole bar, but leave the old decal area masked off and un-painted.
Gotta' show a little history under there after all.

Paul