• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone recognize our bronco?

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
We bought it from a guy in Pueblo, Colo. He had owned it a couple of years but really didn't know anything about it. It is somewhat unique having the chrome grill shell. A dried out horse decal on the hood and both fenders. It would be nice to know a little history of it from someone that has clue.
IMG_1995_zps8ef8f41a.jpg

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I recognize it, but that's because I remember it from CL or Ebay. Looks to be a Vista Orange '77 Ranger. Looks like a nice rig! Good luck on your history search.

OP
OP
rastiss

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
It had its bugs. Got most worked out already. Very, very little rust. Its a great rig we think. Would like to know dome drivetrain details is all.

JGZ

That bronco actually looks like one my neighbors from about 85-86.Same color and the chrome grille.Not to many of those around.This was in
Lakewood Co.I saw it on cl and thats the first person to came to mind.

OP
OP
rastiss

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
That bronco actually looks like one my neighbors from about 85-86.Same color and the chrome grille.Not to many of those around.This was in
Lakewood Co.I saw it on cl and thats the first person to came to mind.

Based on the cracked lacquer paint i'd guess it was painted in the late 80's or early 90's.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I realize that. That should make it easier for someone to recognize.

I did read somewhere one time that there was a Ford dealer that had several Bronco grills chromed like that out west somewhere and some others did as well because I've seen 1 or 2 around here over the yrs and Super Dave had the most resent one that comes to mind..

Good luck with the info hunt.

Attachments

• DSC_0993.jpg
    DSC_0993.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
High Country 4x4 in Englewood used to sell chrome grills. They were a big Bronco shop locally, and eventually went the way of the Jeep. They are still around but chrome grilled Broncos are more common around here as a result.
Dennis

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Used to be somewhat common out here too. But I haven't seen many in the last few years.

Paul

OP
OP
rastiss

rastiss

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wichita falls, Texas
High Country 4x4 in Englewood used to sell chrome grills. They were a big Bronco shop locally, and eventually went the way of the Jeep. They are still around but chrome grilled Broncos are more common around here as a result.
Dennis

this is likely where the grill would have come from i'd guess.the adjustable track bar has their sticker on it.

Scotty

I think you can still acquire title history data from the Colorado Department of Revenue. I did it years ago and received the names and addresses of previous owners on mine; it cost me $10-20.

I believe these are the two forms required:
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellit...434&pagename=Revenue-MV/Document_C/RMVAddLink

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellit...AddLink&cid=1223548933739&pagename=RMVWrapper

I don't know that these links will work; they should lead to CO-DOR popup pages and/or PDF docs for forms #2489A and 2539.

I did this about 10 years ago. If you go down this path, you might want to call CO-DOR and ask first; expect to spend some time waitng on hold... As I recall, my results arrived about 6 weeks later.