• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone recognize this fuel pump and if so can you tell me something about it?

Sporto

Here's the deal. I had an original Holley Projection setup back in the 90's and I bought this fuel pump from a speed shop as they claimed that it was a higher pressure and volume pump that had originally came with the Projection kit. I never used it, but now would like to use it for my eventual EFI conversion.

I cannot seem to find any specs on it, and yes I took what numbers that I could see on the pump to Google and Holley's website, but found nothing. The numbers that are printed on there are 377 2424B. I thought that I found a similar looking pump, without the Holley sticker, that said it was for a Volvo boat engine EFI or Carb setup, so that got me really confused.

Any help would be appreciated. See pix.

Rich.

Here is a link to a similar looking pump, but I cannot determine if it is a match of mine in terms of performance, since there are several that look like this as well. Some say high pressure, some say low, but they still look the same.

http://www.amazon.com/Sierra-International-18-7330-Marine-Electric/dp/B000N9HZRY/ref=pd_sim_auto_1

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 53
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 32

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Got any numbers on it? Most likely its a low pressure pump set for about 15 psi since many of the EFi systems that holley uses are TBI type and only use low pressures. but they do sell high pressure pumps as well you just need the numbers off it

OP
OP
Sporto

Sporto

Here are the numbers that are stamped on it.

377 2424B

I remember being told that this was a higher pressure pump than what came with the Projection setup initially.

Hopefully I can use it, but if not oh well.

Thanks

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
It looks identical to the pump I am running on my Projection 4DI which is a 15PSI system. The only thing I can really tell you is that the connector on it is a POS. I have been fiddling with this dam connector for over a decade (on the same pump). I have been threatening to solder wires directly to it or replace the pump with a Carter unit in the correct pressure range (big brother to the P040 unit). After this pump had me stranded for an hour over this weekend I am getting my soldering iron out this week.

I'll try and look to see if it has any part numbers on it while I am there.

OP
OP
Sporto

Sporto

Thanks for this. I am thinking that this pump is inadequate for my needs, and will probably have to pony up the extra 100 bucks and get the Carter pump instead.

If you do get a chance, I would be interested in hearing what numbers are on the pump.

Thanks

Rich

OP
OP
Sporto

Sporto

I'm not sure what your needs are but the 4DI is a 1000CFM setup supposedly rated for up to 600HP.

I may get to this tonight.

Well I was hoping to use it with a basic Speed Density EFI setup for my 302. I am thinking the E2000 is the way to go. Was hoping to save a few bucks, but if the connectors are lousy then forget it. I need this conversion to be as simple as possible...:cool:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You'd have to test to see how much PSI that pumps puts out most likely it wont put out enough if its a pump for TBI unless thats what your converting to. as I said before they only put out about 15 PSI if your using fords speed density EFI your going to need one that puts out at least 40 PSI.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
You'd have to test to see how much PSI that pumps puts out most likely it wont put out enough if its a pump for TBI unless thats what your converting to. as I said before they only put out about 15 PSI if your using fords speed density EFI your going to need one that puts out at least 40 PSI.

What he said!

I'll ge the numbers tonight. I will also get the part number for the Carter pump that I have that I was going to replace it with and if that would work for you I can sell it to you for %50 (+Shipping) of what I paid for it from Summit Racing.