• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does the Bronco register as a truck?

VeryTALONted

Loc.
San Angelo
I am looking into getting Year Of Make plates for my 67 Bronco. I live in Texas and am wanting to know if I would have to get the "Texas Truck" or just the typical Texas passenger car plates???

The Texas title has it listed as a 1967 SW (station wagon)???

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Looks like you own a station wagon! And all the jokes we always said about the kids driving mom's station wagon have come back to haunt us.

Jr.mudflinger

Loc.
Oakley, CA
I don't know what you'd call it. I have buddies who call it an SUV, a truck and a car. I call it a Bronco, it has its own category. Lol

N747JB

Ford considered it a truck, who knows what the DMV will call it?;)

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
VA calls it a 2DR SW. Station Wagon. SUV didn't exist when these were built. Passenger Car plates would be my guess. Not sure about TX but VA calssifies them by GVWR.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
It's a wagon in Ohio too but so was the Bronco II, Blazer, etc...up until somewhere in the 90's where they changed the classification so they could charge a higher rate for the registration, go figure.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
prob just going to depend on which lady/man you get at the DMV....... prob get a different answer from three different people.....

bronco6769

In Wisconsin, it's considered a car with the back seat in, but it's a truck with the back seat removed....

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
In Ohio it's a station wagon if it came with a rear seat. That works for van's also.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I call it a Bronco,Ford called it a MPV

Attachments

• CIMG0084.JPG
    CIMG0084.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 25

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
Depends on the State and what the DMV names it as. ND states it as a Station Wagon and I believe Colorado as Utility.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I got my antique tag, Mississippi, I had a rough time getting a tag that said truck rather than car. I don't think I would have convinced them to give me a truck tag if the hardtop had been on it. The 75 I bought had an antique tag on it when I bought it that says car.

1973 Houston

Loc.
Houston
In texas it is considered a utility. This is according to my title, and i believe in in texas a utility is considered a truck?!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Last time I lived in TX and registered a Bronco, the County asked whether I wanted truck or passenger car tags. Maybe it was just the county office (Travis) but they gave me a choice.

Mowillie

Loc.
Boerne, Tx
VeryTalonted,
If you want the YOM texas plates, you have to get the ones that DO NOT say truck. the only way to get the Texas Truck plates is having Tx Dot change the title to say truck, and that is my of a pain than it is worth. I am going to do the same for my '69 and the plates I got only say Texas. Good luck.

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
My old NH registration (as it hasn't been registered since '92) calls it "ALL PURP" (All purpose)