• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dream Garage Done!!!!!

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
My dream garage is FINALLY done! I built it myself(except for the concrete finishing) and it turned out great! It may look fancy, but it really gets used...between working on the Bronco and restoring the Falcon I always have a project out there. It is a 30 X 32, Heat, A/C, R-19 insulation walls/ceiling, 12 flush mounted ceiling lights for work, 9 halogen lights for play time. Bar,TV, Stereo, Ref, carpet, wood flooring in front of the work benches, main floor is Rustoleum Garage Floor Epoxy(Great stuff!!) Walls are lauan plywood stained "red Burgandy", and "Ebony", 3 coats poly, ceiling is the same only checkerboard pattern. Its an awesome hangout!! I posted these pics in my gallery and got a couple of comments so I figured I would post them here to. A couple of them wouldnt fit.

Attachments

• garage bay.jpg
    garage bay.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 323
  • garage back wall.jpg
    garage back wall.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 341
  • garage bench.jpg
    garage bench.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 300
  • garage sit.jpg
    garage sit.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 315

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Wow! I would never go back in the house! How long have you been working on it?

OP
OP
Draglink

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
I dried it in around this time last year. I didn't mess with it for the summer, fall, winter. I started on the inside in February, finished last week...only you're never really finished...if you know what I mean!!

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
I looked at your garage this morning and felt ashamed and went and cleaned some on mine. The only way mine will look like yours is if i get on one of those makeover shows. Like i said earlier great job. My wife would never see me if i had one like that. Id fall asleep watching TV.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D That's one cool shop play hard and have fun. ;D ;D ;D Bill :p :cool: %)

OP
OP
Draglink

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
Flash69 - This one is for you....My wife took this picture when I was out "working in the garage"

Attachments

• garage asleep.jpg
    garage asleep.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 242

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
You know -- it's nicer than most of our houses ---

I showed my wife the pictures and she's making me visit our banker and borrow to remodel the kitchen--

Jeez ----Now see what youv'e done !!!!!!!!

BRONKEN

Loc.
Morgan Hill, Ca
I will be pouring by foundation next saturday. Any tips before we pour? I have the plumbing, electric, phone & cable conduits stubbed in not sure if I missed anything else. Also how long did you wait before applying the epoxy coating on the floor.
Thanks, Ken

OP
OP
Draglink

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
Buckin74 - yeah I Know what you mean, I'm sorry! My wife said my cabinets are better than her kitchen cabinets, now she wants a new kitchen! I may have opened a can of worms!

BRONKEN - It sounds like you've got the bases covered. I didnt run a phone line(should have just in case). I've got cable TV and cable internet so I just ran power, and coax for the net and TV. It was around 8 months before I epoxied. You dont have to wait that long. I used and highly recommend the Rustoleum epoxy. It is user friendly and it really cleans up nice!

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
Showed my wife the pics, told her I wanted a shop like that..She said she would never see me again...So true...I told her we could put a water bed in the corner...BTW where's the "John"? You gotta have one in there somewhere...

OP
OP
Draglink

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
BRONKEN - I bought it at Lowes. One "kit" covers around 250 sq ft, and cost around $60. I used about 3.5 "kits". It is a two part epoxy that has blue, black, grey and white sprinkles you can throw in the paint when its wet...that really adds to it I think. I added just a very small amount of anti-skid sand to it. I havent had anything gouge it or stain it, and I have abused it. Everything cleans up with a rag, or oil-dry and a broom.

Luvmybronco - I didnt run any plumbing...I couldnt afford it at the time. It would be a huge expense to connect the drains to my septic system which is on the other side of my property. Most of the time I can just go outside somewhere, my nieghbors arent close!!LOL

OP
OP
Draglink

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
Hey BRONKEN I forgot to add - you just brush in the corners, and roll the rest, and really no odor. It comes with great instructions, and cleaner for the floor.

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Sorry I would never want all that stuff in my shop, I'd never get nothing done, or it would just catch fire from the grinders and welders. Just give me a good stereo to drown out everything, a phone so no running in and out of the house and I am all good!