• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dream Garage Done!!!!!

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
LOOKS GREAT!!! very nice job!!
I am amazed at how much bigger a 30x32 is. I just built a 25x32. I couldnt do a lot with the amenities because one whole side is dedicated to my rollback.
Plus I have a lot of parts for all my cars......gotta a couple of Falcons myself!

was that a pole barn type? metal?
how long did the epoxy take to dry?

OP
OP
Draglink

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
The building is a pole barn, 10' ceiling, 8" thick concrete floor. T1-11 siding, metal roof (to match the roof on the house). The epoxy takes 24 hours to dry for foot traffic, 7 days until you can drive on it.

The Falcon is a '65 Hardtop 289 orginal car. I bought it last Dec. Someone had started to redo the car then the guy died. The car sat for 8 years under a tree. I bought it and have been bringing it back to life. It would not even roll when I brought it home. It had no interior. It now has a mild 68' 302, rebuilt(and built, 3500 stall) c-4. Stock 8" rear, but not for long, I've got a 9" a buddy of mine is narrowing. The car runs really strong now. Not only am I trying to restore, but I've had to chase all the stuff from the PO that died. Both the Falcon and the Bronco are tons of fun! By the way, my "classics" stay in the garage...the wifes Excursion stays outside!

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
Draglink said:
The building is a pole barn, 10' ceiling, 8" thick concrete floor. T1-11 siding, metal roof (to match the roof on the house). The epoxy takes 24 hours to dry for foot traffic, 7 days until you can drive on it.

QUOTE]

howz about an exterior shot? I am interested in the metal roof. I didnt realize I could have done one until mine was already done. How do you prep for a metal roof?

((I've got a '65 Falcon 2 dr wagon Im gonna redo. I had 2 64s back in the 70s.))

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
I am so jealous. My garage is on my steet ight now. It doesnt have a couch, bar, vice on the bar :eek: or anything else that cool.

If you end up plumbing that place, you gotta get a urinal. Nothin screams garage like urinal.

OP
OP
Draglink

Draglink

Loc.
Gloucester, VA
I will post some exterior shots tomorrow. The trusses are two foot on center. You then run bands of 2x4x16s two foot on center from peak to eve. The metal roof is screwed directly to the 2x4 bands.

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
We're all bringing our Broncos to your garage to work on them. ;D

Man that is one amazing garage. Great job on that...

mr.ee's

coming from someone who doesn't even have a garage
your's is a dream!

hey
btw, is that a retractable stripper pole in the corner?

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
Well no dream garage in site,but i have a 74 bronco and a 65 comet iam doing up.
My future wife already knows that the dream garage is part of the package.

Man sweet rides congrates on the perfect hide away.

Boston71

Loc.
Boston, MA
Nice work.

I would kill for that much space. Heck, I would just like to get my Bronco in a garage period - let alone one as tricked out as yours.

Did you set up a system to take off and store the Bronco hard top?

chromeyellow

Loc.
Lecompte, Louisiana
Your Shop Is Way Too Nice For Me To Work In. I Have Too Many Spectators In My Shop Now And If It Was That Nice They Would Never Go Home. I Do Have You Beat On Size Though, Mine Is 36 By 43 With An
18 By 43 Cover For My Camper And I Am In The Process Of Adding Another 24 By 27 On It. I Got The Roof Finished Saturday.

RolledItAgain

Very nice, I hope mine turns out even at 70% the quality or yours.

I too am building my dream shop but I had to share with my wifes two horses so I went a little bigger 36 x 48 x 12'eve

I am in the middle of determining the layout of benches, welding carts, and general workstations.

Any advise you can give from things you learned during your build? What material are your cabinets? any plans for a lift?

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
That is a nice garage. Im building a 30X40 at my new house. I dont think it will be as nice on the inside. As long as it has AC and heat I will be happy.

PS, this should be posted in the off topic lounge. :-*