• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dumb Lockout hub Question

alsroadster

Loc.
Sandia Park, NM
OK, I got a D44 out of a 75 Blozer for parts to do my disc brake swap. I started to tear it apart (never done this b4 and figured this would be a good one to practice on) and now I'm stuck. I took out the screws, took out the knob and a spring. I took out a little screw (right next to one of the cap screwholes) and a gear thingy and a spring behind it came out and that's as far as I got. I understand there's a snap ring somewhere, but I can't find it. Please help. Oh and will my brand new Selectro hubs on my EB be similar inside? Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
A

alsroadster

Loc.
Sandia Park, NM
I have a chebby Haynes book. There were 3 or 4 variations, none matched exactly, but they all showed a snap ring just inside of the hub. So I went out, cleaned a bunch of grease out of it and got better light. Once I found it, it took about a minute to pry tht little sucker with a knife. I was looking for a snapring with 2 holes to put my snapring pliers into. Thanks Jeepster, you know all the links, but then you are GOD.