• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duraspark to 1 wire distributor conversion

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm changing my duraspark II ignition to the 1 wire GM styke HEI. Do I just need to wire the 12v ignition wire (red) and then tape off the blue wire that goes to "s" terminal at solenoid? Please advise. thanks, BI

mike732

Loc.
Camden, Tennessee
Just unplug your box and coil take the red wire going to the box and hook it to the new HEI thats all thats all you have to do

Daddy4zack

Loc.
El Dorado Hills
bronco italiano said:
I'm changing my duraspark II ignition to the 1 wire GM styke HEI. Do I just need to wire the 12v ignition wire (red) and then tape off the blue wire that goes to "s" terminal at solenoid? Please advise. thanks, BI

What brand Dizzy did you get?

Aaron

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought one off ebay from "fatrodder". Took some dimension/length measurements because I know better (probably made in China) and sure enough the overall length that fits in the block was 1/8" too short so I had to machine the thick base that sits on the block. That I am sure is a reason why some guys had the gear snap off. I installed one of these on Shemp Walker's bronco and it has performed very well. I would buy an extra control module though. Just as I did with the duraspark II. I'll keep you updated. BI