• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Fuel Line Rerouting Question

mac0424

Loc.
NY
I'm still working on finishing the rolling chassis. Looking at the fuel lines. I have an original 302 / Sniper 2 and an AX15. I running SS PTFE lines to the WH M1A1 fuel tank. There seems to be better clearance along the passenger side frame rail to the tank. Is this a viable option? Thanks

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I ran my lines from the rear crossmember up the passenger side and then where the frame goes up around the spring Tower I move to the top of the frame and then up the passenger side fender well where I mounted the bypass fuel regulator. I did my fuel system with all AN fittings, except the fuel pump because the wild horses kit doesn't support threaded fittings. In the future I'd like to replace the pump and filter with one that has threaded fittings so all of my high pressure system can be AN.
I created a plate that goes on my rear crossmember to support the external fuel pump and then use stainless braid to connect the tank to the pump, the pump to the filter and the filter to the hard lines.
I've been very pleased with the end result.

-JB

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The Driver's side is the typical route as the exhaust is typically on the passenger side. But they can be run where the fit/work best. No real restrictions.

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I ran my EFI lines on the passenger side for the same reason. Way more clearance and away from the exhaust. my exhaust is on the driver's side.
20230513_143714.jpg 20230513_143733.jpg

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Curious about your set up do you ha be a low pressure pump and high pressure pump, what the holly device another pump

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
The red capped one is a fuel filter, then the fuel pump, and then the Holley part is a post fuel pump filter & fuel pressure regulator with a return line outlet, so you only have to run a return line from there back to the tank. Instead of all the way back from the engine compartment. The fuel pressure is set up from Holly for EFI. I have it running to a Sniper.

Here is the link on Holley, although I probably got it off Summit or somewhere else. There may be better ways to do it, but it works fine for me with no issues.

Last edited:

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool, i Have to run mine back to the tank, and have an in tank pump , clean set up