• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI fuel starvation issue.

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Typically 40 but 20 when ACC starts going dry.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Are you running some type of pump accumulator in the tank? How do you prevent the pump from starving when off camber when low on fuel? Great idea but not sure it will solve 100% of my issue.

doran4x

Contributor
I have the pump sucking fuel from the bottom right in front of the baffle. Filter is flat on the bottom of the tank. I have been up some pretty steep hills with no problem. After summer I will be installing some Walbro pickups at the corners of the tank to finish it off. I have some pictures somewhere.

Tom

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Why not go to Bobcat dealer get their weighted pick up for 17$ that will follow the fuel in the tank at any angle?

forgive if I already poasted that

OP
OP
chuzie

chuzie

Bronco Guru
I looked into that online and couldn't find any info. My main concern is the lateral baffle. I am worried the weighted pickup will work its way behind the baffle and get stuck. Check out the pic in post #31. Now if the pickup is bigger than the small triangular hole in the baffle, it may be worth a try.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2