• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI help-fuel rail spray

jhughes4

Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
I'm new to this EFI setup, hopefully someone can advise:

I have a 1990 5.0 motor, and when I get fuel pressure up to about 30#, the #6 injector rail sprays fuel. I have not started the motor yet, just getting everything ready. Is this normal or is my fuel rail bad? I have removed everything, reinstalled the rail and all injectors are new. The rail is tightened to 20 ft lb(all 4 bolts)

Should I just try to start the motor and see if it still leaks or could it be some other issue?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
No not normal. Don't start it unless you have marshmallows handy.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Is it spraying out of the rail at #6, or is it spraying where #6 fits into the rail? Could be just a bad o-ring? You did lubricate them before installing the rails?

OP
OP
jhughes4

jhughes4

Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
It is spraying out of the cap, it's like it is loose but only when it gets to the 30# range. I did lubricate the o-ring and even switched injectors to another spot. It's only that corner that is doing it.

Galt72

Contributor
On mine, I hawged out the mounting hole at the top just a bit. That way I could put a little more downward pressure on the rail when I tightened it down.

OP
OP
jhughes4

jhughes4

Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
So this being a motor I've never seen run, it was spraying from the tube connecting the 2 rails, not from the top of #6. I put a hose clamp on them for now, but will order replacements!

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, get the correct parts. Don't alter a fuel system unless you really know what you are doing. Mixing low pressure carburetor stuff and EFI stuff can cause big trouble. Good luck