• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI-How to Plumb?

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I drilled and tapped it.

If you are going to do the same, make sure you start with a smaller bit and work your way up to the proper size. I did not do this and almost ruined my intake.

Izzy, I did the same thing! LOL! Hole is a little crooked but it works. LOL!

Your Engine looks awesome and I LOVE the color. Seems familiar, don't know where I have seen it before! LOL! Can't wait to see it finished! ;D

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
...I LOVE the color. Seems familiar, don't know where I have seen it before!
Copper Coat gasket spray? :D

Copper-Coat-5EVZ4_AS01.JPG

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Izzy, I did the same thing! LOL! Hole is a little crooked but it works. LOL!

Your Engine looks awesome and I LOVE the color. Seems familiar, don't know where I have seen it before! LOL! Can't wait to see it finished! ;D

NY-Bronco painted his block the same color and I loved it so I stole the idea from him. Well, I did ask him if it was ok first...

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Oh by the way aaron, sorry for the hijack, I hope we help you with your original question. Sounds like you got what you needed based on you ordering the parts you need ;)

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Ok, I have run into a snag and though I would post it here hoping it helps both Aaron and I at the same time.

I bought the BCB fuel line kit and it comes with the 5/16 and 3/8 connector to a 3/8 barb. I then bought the spring locks for the fuel rail but the barb on them is 5/16. So I obviously don't have a tube that can take a 5/16 on one side and a 3/8 on the other.

So I started looking at the stainless steel braided lines and switching to -6AN.

Doing this, i found what I need to go from the fuel rail spring lock to AN fitting, and the tubing and the hose ends for the tubing, what I can't figure out is what to do on the fuel line side. The lines already have a line nut on them which I understand are 5/16 and 3/8 . Is there way to go from those to -6AN?

OP
OP
aaron6920

aaron6920

Loc.
Dorchester, IA
Ok, I have run into a snag and though I would post it here hoping it helps both Aaron and I at the same time.

I bought the BCB fuel line kit and it comes with the 5/16 and 3/8 connector to a 3/8 barb. I then bought the spring locks for the fuel rail but the barb on them is 5/16. So I obviously don't have a tube that can take a 5/16 on one side and a 3/8 on the other.

So I started looking at the stainless steel braided lines and switching to -6AN.

Doing this, i found what I need to go from the fuel rail spring lock to AN fitting, and the tubing and the hose ends for the tubing, what I can't figure out is what to do on the fuel line side. The lines already have a line nut on them which I understand are 5/16 and 3/8 . Is there way to go from those to -6AN?

There is Izzy, I saw Summit fittings that have the spring lock on one end and an AN fitting on the other. I will see if I can dig that up....