• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

efi pressure

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
ok guys I'VE went blank on running buddy's bronco he is getting ready to put the 1983 302 fi in it ...the throttle body motor ...what are the fuel pumps we need to buy ...He wants to put one at the tank is the EP12 CORRECT at this location it about 5 lb.s then he is putting an aculmator up at the motor and another pump for the injection ...the book i read said it should ne 70 to 90 lb.s ..........But I thought it used a 38 to 43 lb.s pump....ONE OF THE NO'S we came up with was EP2000 OTHER WAS EP8000...

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well I believe that I said that our junk is 1983 / 302 motor and efi ...or should I say TBI ...out of a Linclon...Thanks In advance.......

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The '83 EEC-IIV or so still uses high pressure fuel injectors at the throttle body. Should be around 40 PSI or so. Should NOT change with manifold vacuum as they are not subject to manifold vacuum at the tip.

If you are reading 90 you either have a stuck regulator or more likely the fuel line hooked up backwards. I have seen many EFI swaps where the fuel line got on backwards. Remember the regulator goes on the return line.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Low pressure pump is carter P4070 advance carries it in the master brand about $64, high pressure is ES2000 master brand listing is 88 F-250.

You are quoting lbs per hour not pressure 38-40 psi is what you want.