• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Elect Fan manufacures

pyro fighter

Loc.
kennewick, WA
I'll try and get some pics up... Dont have much room its a tight fight but I did have to relocate my trans cooler to under the front passenger seat with a small fan.

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
Bax,

I also have about 3" from the waterpump pully to the radiator (4 core Aluminum from JBGY). I have a $250.00 Black Magic S fan that won't fit. It is about 3.5".

JBGY sells a custom 7 Blade fan belt driven - (17") that is designed to pull air through a 3 or 4 core radiator. I ordered this fan and a shroud. I wanted electric, but I just couldn't find one that was thin enough and could pull enough air. I'll let you know how the fan and shroud work out when they come in later this week.

I did the same thing with the black magic fan, expenisive experiment but im not done yet, im gonna move my rad. mounts back and i think im gonna get enough clearance.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I did the same thing with the black magic fan, expenisive experiment but im not done yet, im gonna move my rad. mounts back and i think im gonna get enough clearance.

When I mounted the radiator, I only had 2 1/4". I modified the radiator mounts to push the radiator as far forward as possible (Cut, grind, bend weld, bolt :cry: ). When it was all said and done I ended up with 3". Like Bax, if I would have known, I would have cut the core support and moved the radiator forward. I don't want to do that now as everthing is assembled and painted.

76BroncoNoRoom.jpg

Bronco Beau

Loc.
Gravette
I would recommend cutting the core support. It was very simple and I never have to worry about ruining another radiator. If you are careful the paint should not be that big of an issue. I posted in this thread on page three. My installation works great. If you have any questions or need more pictures just let me know. You can also gain some clearance by going with a round top button socket hex head type bolt for the pulley. I bought some at Fastenal.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=24080

FASTERDAMITT

Loc.
Oceanside
I am trying to get rid of my belt driven fan. It is not keeping up with the new load of the A/C. So I am wondering. I have room to mount 2 spal 9'' fans (Pushers) in front of the condenser. However I don't think this will cool the radiator. Would it be stupid to mount a puller in back of the radiator to? Will one mess with the other? yeah Fan shroud I know I am getting one made next week but if the electric ones will work I would rather have that.

Bax,
Your saying a direct drive fan is not cooling enough? That should be your best airflow of any fan. Where is your temp sensor located on the intake?
I have a 2 row radiator with a 10" pusher on my 331 stroker bored .40 over. I have had all kinds of cooling problems with just electric pusher and puller fans combined. Then I put on a belt driven thermal fan clutch (and installed the temp sensor near the tstat). I live in the desert at 115 degees at times and get no higher than 195-200 engine temps with the ac on. I also run the tranny fluid through the radiator then to a remote cooler.

Tom

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
Bax,
Your saying a direct drive fan is not cooling enough? That should be your best airflow of any fan. Where is your temp sensor located on the intake?
I have a 2 row radiator with a 10" pusher on my 331 stroker bored .40 over. I have had all kinds of cooling problems with just electric pusher and puller fans combined. Then I put on a belt driven thermal fan clutch (and installed the temp sensor near the tstat). I live in the desert at 115 degees at times and get no higher than 195-200 engine temps with the ac on. I also run the tranny fluid through the radiator then to a remote cooler.

Tom

What thermal fan setup do you have and how thick is evrything?

FASTERDAMITT

Loc.
Oceanside
What thermal fan setup do you have and how thick is evrything?

Hayden 2765 fan clutch which is acually for a Jaguar XJ6. Hayden makes a 18" 6 blade fan part #3618, designed for the clutch fan. I have 3 3/8" between my WP pulley and radiator, the fan clutch is 2 5/8 in thick.
The only issue I had was the blades where so close to the ac clutch, it would touch when the fan clutch hooked up hard. I just trimmed the corner of the blade tips. I think you will want a 1/2 inch of clearance between the fan and radiator. You could also run a radiator guard if you are slightly closer.

Tom

C4

I am on the same boat, I only have 2" from the radiator to the water pump pulley. Anyone running dual pushers without any modification to the core support?

Attachments

• radiator fan clearance.jpg
    radiator fan clearance.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 18
  • radiator fan.jpg
    radiator fan.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 24