• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Electrical problem. Help!

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
When I turn on the parking and/or headlights, the left turn signal and dash indicator light come on (not blinking). It does this even with the T/S switch dieconnected. When connected the T/S and emergency flashers work perfectly. Looking at N8's diagrams, it looks like there is nothing hooked to these lights other than the T/S switch. Am I right in assuming that I must have a short in the harness somewhere?

RolledItAgain

Check your ignition and charging systems. I had a similar problem; I was not getting enough voltage to the coil and had a break in a Alt wire. Check Alt wires closly, you may have a short or a break. (Mine was the white wire)
Check coil and charging voltages, be sure they are correct.

8-9V ? At coil (You may have a resistor wire, if you added a separate resistor you will have 4.5V (ish)

14V (ish) charging

Good Luck

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
You probably dont have a good ground on one of your signal light bulbs. Twist them in the housing and see if that helps.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Your running lights are backfeeding (supplying voltage to) your turn signal circuit. The only place they come close to each other is at the front running/turn signal light, and in the tail light. Try unplugging the front left light assy. at the connector behind the grill. If you still get the left turn signal lamp comming on, try removing the tail light bulb. Sometimes, if the bulb isn't twisted far enough in the socket, one of the bulb connections will short the turn signal to the tail light.

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
Flash69 said:
You probably dont have a good ground on one of your signal light bulbs. Twist them in the housing and see if that helps.
Congrates on number 1000. And with what is likely going to be the answer to boot. In older vehicles, it is said (never been actually proven) that 75% of electrical problems stem from bad grounds. They are always over looked, even though they do exactly the same thing as the positive lines.

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
RRRAAAYYY2 said:
Congrates on number 1000. And with what is likely going to be the answer to boot. In older vehicles, it is said (never been actually proven) that 75% of electrical problems stem from bad grounds. They are always over looked, even though they do exactly the same thing as the positive lines.
YAHOO im a Guru. Thanks RRRAAAYYY2

OP
OP
pinenuts

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
Thanks a lot guys. It was a bad ground on the front left Parking/ TS light. All is well now. I don't know what I would do without this forum!