• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

electrical problems

Marc M.

Loc.
Colmar, PA.
Having a problem with my 77 bronco where spark to plugs fails after about ten minutes of engine running? Then after about an hour or two truck will start again and run fine! I changed module, coil, D. cap and rotor and still have problem! Just can't figure it out. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The stator inside the distributor could be on it's way out. Measure resistance from the purple wire to the orange wire with distributor unplugged. Should be 400-800 ohms. Resistance from either to ground or the black wire should be more than 70K ohms. Check it hot when you have no spark. You can check the voltage to the coil positive terminal with key ON to determine if the resistor or ign switch is bad.

OP
OP
Marc M.

Marc M.

Loc.
Colmar, PA.
Thanks for responding, I was considering the Ign. switch and also replacing the distributor. I'll check that out, and get back to ya.