• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer heater tube o-rings

36Fan

Contributor
Does anyone know what size O-rings, or have part numbers for the 97-01 heater tube assembly F77Z-9D424-BA? The tubes are still in good shape, but the O-rings are junk. Tried a few from from auto parts stores but all were too thick and wouldn't let the fitting press back together.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Back to the top.
Never seen them so not sure what to do there. Maybe the dealer has them still?

Good luck.

Paul

ransil

Bronco Guru
No help on the size but my local ACE hardware store has o-rings, maybe match one up there to get a number.
do you have one you could measure to get a guesstimate to try and google it.

OP
OP

36Fan

Contributor
I tried the auto parts stores and Ace Hardware. Ended up ordering a new tube assembly for a 93 Mustang, it has the straight ends vs the curved ones on the Explorer. Hopefully it will work, the straight ends will work better for my set up.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I tried the auto parts stores and Ace Hardware. Ended up ordering a new tube assembly for a 93 Mustang, it has the straight ends vs the curved ones on the Explorer. Hopefully it will work, the straight ends will work better for my set up.

I have no idea what you are looking for, I searched the part# you listed, no pictures. But the Tube assembly looks available... I have never seen anything but hose with hose clamps attached to the 90* ends?

Can you post a picture of yours?

Since you bought a mustang tube assembly, if you need to make a 90* turn with a reduction to 5/8" from the 3/4" tube for the heater control valve... You can use a bypass hose like at the thermostat housing to do it....