• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer O2 sensors

widowmaker77

Contributor
I’m currently installing a explorer efi in my bronco. Was wondering if any of you guys that run efi and long tube headers had any pics of your 02 sensors installed? Thanks for any feedback.

BanditBronco

No pics because I have to run shorties, but your best placement is right behind the collector on the exhaust side of the header. You want it as close as possible to the engine but not before each cylinder's gases has a chance to mix together. Basically, anywhere in the first 6" of exhaust after the header on each side. After the collector gives you the ability to possibly see an exhaust leak or added air at the collector if you watch the sensors wave lengths on a scope or scan tool.

OP
OP
widowmaker77

widowmaker77

Contributor
No pics because I have to run shorties, but your best placement is right behind the collector on the exhaust side of the header. You want it as close as possible to the engine but not before each cylinder's gases has a chance to mix together. Basically, anywhere in the first 6" of exhaust after the header on each side. After the collector gives you the ability to possibly see an exhaust leak or added air at the collector if you watch the sensors wave lengths on a scope or scan tool.
Thanks for the info! I was thinking of installing them in the first couple of inches of exhaust pipe after the header.