• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer Oil Dipstick Tube Seal

betzgb

Contributor
Is there supposed to be an o-ring or some kind of seal on the oil dip stick tube where it enters the side of the block? This engine and tube setup is the stock stuff from a 1996 Explorer and I'm thinking something got lost in the shuffle at the machine shop since there is nothing on the end of the tube nor in the block to make a seal. Anybody got a part number? Thanks!

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Is there supposed to be an o-ring or some kind of seal on the oil dip stick tube where it enters the side of the block? This engine and tube setup is the stock stuff from a 1996 Explorer and I'm thinking something got lost in the shuffle at the machine shop since there is nothing on the end of the tube nor in the block to make a seal. Anybody got a part number? Thanks!

There is no o-ring. It is a press in fit to the block.

Typically, I just put a dab of Right stuff before the stop ring and push it in.
You can also put a crows foot, same size of the tube (3/8?), on the end of a 3/8" extension and tap it in