• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer serp help- balancer Q

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Here is where I am at- i have the 3 bolt 50oz balancer on my 94 motor and i want to make sure that i can put the explorer balancer right on, but am concerned with the timing marker and the timing in general, because i don't know how to do that yet.

Attachments

• P4180053.jpg
    P4180053.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 23

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
If you are installing an explorer serpentine setup, you will need to use the Explorer timing cover. It will have the proper timing pointer and marks.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
As long as you don't touch your distributor you can pull the balancer and swap the timing covers and put the explorer blancer on without having to re-time anything.

6daze

As long as you don't touch your distributor you can pull the balancer and swap the timing covers and put the explorer blancer on without having to re-time anything.

That is my plan.... I am going to turn the motor with a socket until it is at TDC. Then pull the balancer and timing cover. Reinstall the explorer parts and see what lines up. I am not sure how the explorer timing pointer (on the pass side) will correlate with the stock timing cover (on the driver's side).

If necessary scribe TDC on the explorer balancer...

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As said you will need to use the explorer timming cover and water pump with the explorer balancer so that all will line up