• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fab Fords Forever 2009 - Who's going?

fordtrucksrule

well there was a good turnout lol i got alot of lookers at my bronco people looking at my zf / stak 3 speed combo and cage arms all in all good times

fordtrucksrule

i was crusing 75 the whole way home and got 12 mpg not too bad at 75mpgand all my u joints held in and drove good for the 174 mile trip for me

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
i was crusing 75 the whole way home and got 12 mpg not too bad at 75mpgand all my u joints held in and drove good for the 174 mile trip for me

same mpg here, trouble is I have a super steep pinion angle that will get corrected when the new rear axle goes in.

Mark@Wildhorses

Hey, I was going around 70 to 75 most of the way and got almost 17mpg with a Bronco in tow ;D (just got home about 30
minutes ago).
It was good seeing you again Rob, glad to see the projects progressed really well and your doing better on the health end.

Mark

68ford

Bronco Guru
man it was hot! good seeing all you i havent seen in a couple years.
the 3 guys i spoke with a bunch, you 3 were from escondido area, im horrible with names and would like numbers to keep in touch, youll know who you are :)

truck got quit a bit of attention which was really nice after all the work! i owe it all to my buddy dan who did about 90% of the fab, thanks again, had an awsome time. time to get her dirty now i guess hahaha

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
X2 on the heat, I met a bunch of very nice people this year. The turn out was great for the EB group. It's always nice to actually met people that you only chat with online. Somebody post some pic's, so they know what we're talking about.

Next stop, Big Bear.:)

Mark@Wildhorses

X2 on the heat, I met a bunch of very nice people this year. The turn out was great for the EB group. It's always nice to actually met people that you only chat with online. Somebody post some pic's, so they know what we're talking about.

Next stop, Big Bear.:)

X30 on the heat :cry: Fat guys like me don't fair to good, but it was still great fun!!

Mark

75 Ranger

I had a great time, but man was it hot.
Great bunch of Bronco's. I have never seen so many Bronco's at once. It was overwhelming. I wish I would have had time to meet and speak to more of you.

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
X30 on the heat :cry: Fat guys like me don't fair to good, but it was still great fun!!

Mark

Right in there with you Mark - Us larger guys need to pace ourselves (lol) ---- Is was the hottest FFF on record I believe

We had 115 registered Broncos and we broke 100 + or - for the event.

Nice to see everyone as well as lots of nice rigs this year at the show. I'll try to get some pic's up as soon as I can

Rob

broncojack

Contributor
I know it never rains in So. Ca. but, has the event ever been rained out?

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
I know it never rains in So. Ca. but, has the event ever been rained out?

To my knowledge, no FFF event has been rained out (at least in my 10 years +or-) of event coverage

Recent years have seen brief winds, sprinkles to mild drizzles, cloudy and cold weather as well as countless years of Sunshine !!!!

Bundy

Bronco Guru
i think i bailed out a little too early, went in to the park for some fun with the GF and when we came out and i was the last one in the lot... then some guy stopped me as i was leaving and thanked me because he ran out of gas and i was the only guy with a gas gan... guess he helped himself! ;D

Wayne, dude you dissappeared! Everyone else, we need to do a local run to help our boy Wayne out in getting that purty bronco of his DIRTY! when i say dirty, i don't mean some little puddles... i am talkin tijuana hooker dirty!

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
If you seen 68fords Bronco, He's gonna be waiting for us all the time, on a desert run. That Bronco of his must ride like a Trophy truck, with the suspension he has. It's very nice and well thought out. I hope anybody that saw Wayne's Bronco can appreciate how much time, effort and $ he has put in to it. I know I sure do. Good job Wayne.:cool:

Bundy

Bronco Guru
If you seen 68fords Bronco, He's gonna be waiting for us all the time, on a desert run. That Bronco of his must ride like a Trophy truck, with the suspension he has. It's very nice and well thought out. I hope anybody that saw Wayne's Bronco can appreciate how much time, effort and $ he has put in to it. I know I sure do. Good job Wayne.:cool:

+1, it's tits and ass fo sho

bbolander

Fab Fords never rains out, show goes on rain or shine. Having said that I don't recall it ever rainiing significantly in the past 15 years or so.

Mark@Wildhorses

I had a great time, but man was it hot.
Great bunch of Bronco's. I have never seen so many Bronco's at once. It was overwhelming. I wish I would have had time to meet and speak to more of you.

I got the pleasure of checking your rig out, nice! Thanks for the help with the ramp, never leave them out in the 100+ degree sun for more than a few minutes (damn things get so hot, you can't pick them up without gloves).

Mark

68ford

Bronco Guru

i cant tell you how much i appreciate people noticing all the details and all the time that went into it. it may not ride as good as a trophy truck, but i can tell you it rides really good, come out to the desert and ride in it!!!!
and after revamping the front suspension this summer and adding my old tripple bypass' from the rear to the front it should ride even better ;D
next halloween ocotillo or wherever, we should all meet.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I am just glad I got a chance to go since I am moving in two weeks it was a great show with great people and broncos.